Sediment Quality and Impact Assessment of Pollutants
- Damia Barcelo, Inst. of Environmental Assessment and Water Research, Barcelona, Spain
- Mira Petrovic, Catalan Institute for Water Research ICRA, Spain
Volume 1 of the Sustainable Management of Sediment Resources mini-series is the first attempt to fill many of these gaps in knowledge and also in practice. The volume includes sections on:* Sampling
* Characterization of contaminants in sediments being bioavailability the main issue
* Chemical analysis
* Biological analysis
* Effect directed analysis and toxicity
* Identification evaluation
* Benthos sediment quality assessment
* Modelling of pollutant fate and behaviour
* Sediment quality guidelines
This first volume is applicable to a wide audience, from students at the graduate level, to experienced researchers and laboratory personnel in academia, industry and government.
This volume also available as part of a 4-volume set, ISBN 0444519599. Discount price for set purchase.
For a wide audience, from students at the graduate level as well as to experienced researchers and laboratory personnel in academia, industry and government