Sediment Quality and Impact Assessment of Pollutants
- Damia Barcelo, Inst. of Environmental Assessment and Water Research, Barcelona, Spain
- Mira Petrovic, Catalan Institute for Water Research ICRA, Spain
* Characterization of contaminants in sediments being bioavailability the main issue
* Chemical analysis
* Biological analysis
* Effect directed analysis and toxicity
* Identification evaluation
* Benthos sediment quality assessment
* Modelling of pollutant fate and behaviour
* Sediment quality guidelines
This first volume is applicable to a wide audience, from students at the graduate level, to experienced researchers and laboratory personnel in academia, industry and government.
This volume also available as part of a 4-volume set, ISBN 0444519599. Discount price for set purchase.
For a wide audience, from students at the graduate level as well as to experienced researchers and laboratory personnel in academia, industry and government
- Published: September 2006
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISBN: 978-0-444-51962-7
Table of ContentsChapter 1. Sampling of sediment and suspended matter (A. Parker et al.).
Chapter 2. Characterisation of contaminants in sediments - effects of bioavalability on impact (J. Parsons et al.).
Chapter 3. Chemical analysis of contaminants in sediments (M. Petrovic et al.).
Chapter 4. Biological analysis (bioassays, biomarkers, biosensors) (P.-D. Hansen et al.).
Chapter 5. Effect directed analysis and toxicity identification evaluation (J.F. Bakker et al.).
Chapter 6. Benthos sediment quality assessments T.A. DelValls et al.).
Chapter 7. Modelling of pollutant fate and behaviour in bed sediments (I.J. Allan, J.A. Stegemann).
Chapter 8. Sediment quality guidelines and weight of evidence assessments (M.D. Scrimshaw et al.).
Chapter 9. Soil protection, sediment monitoring and key recommendations (D. Barcelo, M. Petrovic).