Science of Heat and Thermophysical Studies
A Generalized Approach to Thermal AnalysisBy
- Jaroslav Sestak
Science of Heat and Thermophysical Studies provides a non-traditional bridging of historical, philosophical, societal and scientific aspects of heat with a comprehensive approach to the field of generalized thermodynamics. It involves Greek philosophical views and their impact on the development of contemporary ideas. Covered topics include:
â¢ the concept of heat
â¢ thermometry and calorimetry
â¢ early concepts of temperature and its gradients
â¢ non-equilibrium and quantum thermodynamics
â¢ chemical kinetics
â¢ entropy, order and information
â¢ thermal science applied to economy(econophysics), ecosystems, and process dynamics or mesoscopic scales (quantum diffusion)
â¢ importance of energy science and its influence to societal life
This title is recommended to specialists in thermal science as well as the general scientist. It can serve as a reference text for those interested in the many concepts behind thermal analysis and its applications in other areas, providing the reader with a wide background and framework of thermal sciences.
Hardbound, 486 Pages
Published: November 2005
- 1. Some Philosophical Aspects of Scientific Research.
2. Miscellaneous Features of Thermal Science.
3. Fire as a Philosophical and Alchemical Archetype.
4. Concept of Heat in the Renaissance and New Age.
5. Understanding Heat, Temperature and Gradients.
6. Heat, Entropy and Information.
7. Thermodynamics and Thermostatics.
8. Thermodynamics, Econophysics, Ecosystems and Societal Behavior.
9. Thermal Physics of Processes Dynamics.
10. Modeling Reaction Mechanism: The use of Euclidian and Fractal Geometry.
11. Non-Isothermal Kinetics by Thermal Analysis.
12. Thermometry and Calorimetry.
13. Thermophysical Examinations and Temperature Control.