Rules of Thumb for Chemical EngineersBy
- Stephen Hall, S M Hall Consulting, LLC, USA. Stephen M. Hall, P.E. is consultant to chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturers. His career in the chemical process industries has spanned plant design and construction, operations, and engineering contracting. He has been project designer on more than 100 projects in sectors including food, pharmaceutical, specialty chemical, heavy chemical and petrochemical installations. He has published several articles on chemical engineering topics, and is an experienced process modeling software developer.
The most complete guide of its kind, this is the favored handbook for chemical and process engineers who need a reliable and authoritative solution to their practical on the job problems. Includes all new material on new processing sectors, include biopharmaceuticals. The text is comprehensively revised and updated with new data and formulas. Rules of Thumb for Chemical Engineers solves process design problems quickly, accurately and safely, with hundreds of common sense techniques, shortcuts and calculations.
- Rules of Thumb for Chemical Engineers brings together solutions, information and work-arounds that engineers in the process industry need to get their job done.
- New material in the Fifth Edition includes physical properties for proprietary materials, six new chapters, including pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical sector heuristics, process design with simulation software, and guidelines for hazardous materials and processes.
- Now includes SI units throughout alongside imperial, and now accompanied by online calculation tools New to this edition;
- New chapter on biopharmaceutical systems
- New chapter on closed-loop heat transfer systems
- Extensively rewritten chapters on fluid flow, fractionation, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, safety, and controls.
- Latest information on packed columns and structured packings
- Excel workbooks, with Visual Basic for Applications function subroutines, that solve many of the problems in the book.
- Fully updated references
Paperback, 456 Pages
Published: June 2012
Imprint: Butterworth Heinemann
1 Fluid Flow
2 Heat Exchangers
3 Fractionators4 Absorbers
5 Pumps6 Compressors
7 Drivers8 Vessels
9 Boilers10 Cooling Towers
11 Refrigeration12 Closed Loop Heat Transfer Systems
13 Biopharmaceutical Systems14 Vacuum Systems
15 Pneumatic Conveying16 Blending and Agitation
17 Process Evaluation18 Reliability
19 Metallurgy20 Safety
21 Controls22 Troubleshooting
23 Startup24 Energy Conservation
25 Process Modeling26 Approximate Conversion Factors