Rheumatology Examination and Injection TechniquesBy
- Michael Doherty, Consultant Senior Lecturer, Rheumatology Unit, City Hospital, Nottingham, UK
- Brian Hazleman, MA, FRCP, Consultant Rheumatologist, Addenbroke's Hospital, Cambridge, Director of Rheumatology Research Group, Addenbroke's Hospital, Cambridge, Associate Lecturer, Faculty of Medicine, University of Cambridge
- Charles Hutton, Consultant Rheumatologist, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, UK
- Peter Maddison, Consultant Rheumatologist, Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor, UK
- Julian Perry, MD, Section Head, Orbital & Oculoplastic Surgery, Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
This highly illustrated text provides comprehensive coverage of the examination of patients with joint or periarticular disease. It includes full details of joint aspiration, injection techniques and examination of synovial fluid. This 2nd Edition contains more practical procedures than ever before, with new coverage of biopsy and epidural injections. All chapters have been revised and expanded to include more illustrations.
Hardbound, 160 Pages
- Section I: INTRODUCTION to EXAMINATION. Introduction. The Minimum Rheumatological Examination. Disease Assessment Indices. Section II: EXAMINATION of SPECIFIC REGIONS. The Shoulder. The Elbow. The Hand. The Spine. The Hip. The Knee. The Foot and Ankle. The Temporomandibular Joint. Posture and Gait. Section II: ASPIRATION and INJECTION TECHNIQUES. Principles of Joint Aspiration and Steroid Injection. Examination of Synovial Fluid.