Your Questions AnsweredBy
- Robert Moots, MD, Leader in Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, University of Liverpool and Honorary Consultant Rheumatologist: University Hospital Aintree, Royal Liverpool Hospital and Liverpool Women's Hospital, Liverpool, UK
- Nigel Jones, MD, General Practitioner, The Orrell Park Surgery, Liverpool, UK
This new volume in the Your Questions Answered Series helps readers to effectively diagnose and manage patients with rheumatoid arthritis. It presents information in the Series' succinct, accessible, question and answer format, with an emphasis on evidence-based, up-to-date knowledge, including the impact of all of the innovative, new drug therapies now available.
General practitioners and other health practitioners providing front line care (including nurses)
Paperback, 164 Pages
Published: February 2004
Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
- 1. Aetiology, Epidemiology and Pathology of Rheumatoid Arthritis
2. History and Examination
3. Laboratory tests
4. Confirming the Diagnosis, what's RA and what isn't
- Drug treatment, symptom relief.
- Drug treatment, disease modifiers/suppressants.
- Drug treatment, newer agents.
5. Non-drug Treatment in RA. Social and other issues in RA
6. Coordinating care for the RA patient
7. Sources of further information and support
Appendices: HAQ; Useful addresses and websites; Widely used NSAIDs and simple analgesics
Glossary of acronyms
List of patient questions