Reliability and Optimization of Structural Systems
- D.M. Frangopol
- R.B. Corotis, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, USA
- R. Rackwitz, Technical University of Munich, Germany
This book contains 38 papers presented at the seventh Working Conference on 'Reliability and Optimization of Structural Systems' held at Boulder, Colorado, USA, on April 2-4, 1996. The Working Conference was organized by the IFIP (International Federation for Information Processing) Working Group 7.5 of Technical Committee 7 and was the seventh in a series of similar conferences. The objectives of the Working Group and hence this publication are:
• to promote modern structural systems optimization and reliability theory,
• to advance international co-operation in the field of structural system optimization and reliability theory,
• to stimulate research, development and application of structural system optimization and reliability theory,
• to further dissemination and exchange of information on reliability and optimization of structural systems, and
• to encourage education in structural system organization and reliability theory.
For engineers, research and development workers involved in the areas of structural and earthquake engineering and mathematical optimization.