Regional Geology and Tectonics: Phanerozoic Rift Systems and Sedimentary BasinsEdited by
- David G. Roberts, BP Exploration Operation Co. Ltd., Middlesex, UK
- A.W. Bally, Rice University, Houston, TX, USA
Expert petroleum geologists David Roberts and Albert Bally bring you Regional Geology and Tectonics: Phanerozoic Rift Systems and Sedimentary Basins, volume two in a three-volume series covering Phanerozoic regional geology and tectonics. Experience in analyzing and assessing rifts-locations where the Earths outer shell and crust have been stretched over time by seismic activity-is critical for you as an exploration geologist in identifying Earths most lucrative hydrocarbon locations in which extraction is both efficient and safe. Vast compilations of related industry data present regional seismic lines and cross sections, and summaries of analogue and theoretical models are provided as an essential backdrop to the structure and stratigraphy of various geological settings.
Geologists, geophysicists, and marine geologists globally in academia and petroleum exploration with a focus on tectonics, basin analysis, sedimentary processes and petroleum systems. The secondary market includes undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as instructors in Geosciences.
Hardbound, 500 Pages
- Introduction: From rifts to passive margins. D.G. Roberts & A.W. Bally
- Models for the evolution of passive margins. A. Watts
- Sequence stratigraphy in rifts. F.Neto & O.Catanuneau
- Structural controls on syn-rift sedimentation, northwestern Red Sea margin. S. Khalil & K. McClay
- Carbonate dominated marine rifts. D. Bosence
- Evolution of the Cenozoic East African rift system: cratons, plumes and continental breakup. C. Ebinger
- The Gulf of Suez Rift Basin. J. Peijs, T. Bevan & J. Piombino.
- Cenozoic rifts of Eastern China. Li Desheng
- Xialiao, Bohai. Li Yuan Hsiao, S. Graham
- Lake Baikal. R. Hus, J. Pooryt, F. Charlet, L. Naudts, O. Khlystov, J. Klerkx, M. DeBatiste
- Geology of the shelves surrounding the New Siberian Islands for seismic images: Laptev sea and East Siberian Sea, Russian Arctic. D. Franke & K. Hinz
- Development of the Passive Margin of Eastern North America: Mesozoic Rifting, Inversion and Igneous Activity. M. Withjack, R. Schlische & P. Olsen
- Extensional tectonics and stratigraphy of the Mesozoic Jeanne dArc basin, Grand Banks of Newfoundland. H. Welsink, A. Tankard
- The Reconcavo Basin. P. Szatmari
- The Dniepr-Donets Basin. R Stephenson & S. Stovba
- Sedimentary Basins of the Late Mesozoic Extensional Domain of China and Mongolia rifts. S. Graham, T. Cope, C. Johnson & B. Ritts
- Erlian Songliao Rifts. Li Desheng
- Inverted Rift-Basins of Northern Egypt. T. Bevan & A. Moustafa