Regional Geology and Tectonics: Phanerozoic Passive Margins, Cratonic Basins and Global Tectonic MapsEdited by
- David G. Roberts, BP Exploration Operation Co. Ltd., Middlesex, UK
- A.W. Bally, Rice University, Houston, TX, USA
Expert petroleum geologists David Roberts and Albert Bally bring you Regional Geology and Tectonics: Phanerozoic Passive Margins, Cratonic Basins and Global Tectonic Maps, volume three in a three-volume series covering Phanerozoic regional geology and tectonics. Its key focus is on both volcanic and non-volcanic passive margins, and the importance of salt and shale driven by sedimentary tectonics to their evolution. Recent innovative research on such critical locations as Iberia, Newfoundland, China, and the North Sea are incorporated to provide practical real-world case studies in regional geology and tectonics. The vast amount of volcanic data now available to form accurate hydrocarbon assessments and analysis at passive margin locations is also included into this thorough yet accessible reference.
Geologists, geophysicists, and marine geologists globally in academia and petroleum exploration with a focus on tectonics, basin analysis, sedimentary processes and petroleum systems. The secondary market includes undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as instructors in Geosciences.
Hardbound, 1200 Pages
Published: May 2012
- De Res Salsa: Fundamental Principles of Salt Tectonics. M. Hudec & M. Jackson
- Shale Tectonics. L. Woods
- The Red Sea and Gulf of Aden Basins. W. Bosworth, P. Huchon & K. McClay
- The NE Atlantic Conjugate Margins. F. Tsikalas, J. Faleide & O. Eldholm
- Conjugate Margins of the South Atlantic: Namibia -Pelotas. J. Cartwright, R. Swart & B. Corner
- Phanerozoic Regional Geology of the Eastern Brazilian Margin. W. Mohriak & R Fainstein
- The conjugate margins of Morocco and Nova Scotia. G. Tari et al.
- Evolution of Magma Poor Continental Margins: from Rifting to the Onset of Seafloor Spreading. R.B. Whitmarsh & G. Manatschal
- The Newfoundland -Iberia Conjugate Margin. B. Tucholke & R.B. Whitmarsh
- Labrador Sea, Davis Strait and Baffin Bay. J. Chalmers
- Evolution of the Western Mediterranean. E. Carminati. C. Doglioni, B. Gelabert, G. Panza, E. Roca, F. Sabat, & D. Scrocca.
- Tyrrhenian Sea. D. Scrocca, E. Carminati, C. Doglioni & D. Procaccanti
- Deepwater frontier basins New Zealand. C. Uruski
- South Africas Mesozoic Basins. D. Broad, E. Jungslager, I. McLachlan, J. Roux & D. van der Spuy
- Rift-shear Architecture and Tectonic Development of the Ghana Margin. A. Antobreh, J.I. Faleide, F. Tsikalas & S. Planke
- Structural Styles along the Dead Sea Fault. Z. Ben-Avraham, M. Lazar, Z. Garfunkel, M. Reshef, A. Ginzburg, Y. Rotstein, U. Freislander,Y. Bartov & H. Shulman
- Columbus Basin Offshore Trinidad: A Detached Pull-Apart Basin in a Transpressional Foreland Setting. R. Gibson, K. Meisling & J. Sydow
- Illizzi basin. S. Galeazzi et al
- The Moscow Basin. J. Eyer
- Evolution of the West Siberian Basin. A. Vyssotski, V. Vyssotski, A.A. Nezhdanov
- The Aquitane Basin and the Pyrenees: geodynamical evolution and hydrocarbons. R. Bourrouilh
- Tectonic evolution of the Cape and Karoo basins of South Africa. A. Tankard, H. Welsink, P. Aukes, R. Newton, E. Stettler
- The Parry Islands fold belt. C. Harrison & T. Brent
- Tectonic maps of the World. A.W. Bally, D.G. Roberts et al.