Regional Geology and Tectonics: Phanerozoic Passive Margins, Cratonic Basins and Global Tectonic Maps
- David G. Roberts, BP Exploration Operation Co. Ltd., Middlesex, UK
- A.W. Bally, Rice University, Houston, TX, USA
AudienceGeologists, geophysicists, and marine geologists globally in academia and petroleum exploration with a focus on tectonics, basin analysis, sedimentary processes and petroleum systems. The secondary market includes undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as instructors in Geosciences.
- Published: May 2012
- Imprint: ELSEVIER
- ISBN: 978-0-444-56357-6
Table of Contents
- De Res Salsa: Fundamental Principles of Salt Tectonics. M. Hudec & M. Jackson
- Shale Tectonics. L. Woods
- The Red Sea and Gulf of Aden Basins. W. Bosworth, P. Huchon & K. McClay
- The NE Atlantic Conjugate Margins. F. Tsikalas, J. Faleide & O. Eldholm
- Conjugate Margins of the South Atlantic: Namibia -Pelotas. J. Cartwright, R. Swart & B. Corner
- Phanerozoic Regional Geology of the Eastern Brazilian Margin. W. Mohriak & R Fainstein
- The conjugate margins of Morocco and Nova Scotia. G. Tari et al.
- Evolution of Magma Poor Continental Margins: from Rifting to the Onset of Seafloor Spreading. R.B. Whitmarsh & G. Manatschal
- The Newfoundland -Iberia Conjugate Margin. B. Tucholke & R.B. Whitmarsh
- Labrador Sea, Davis Strait and Baffin Bay. J. Chalmers
- Evolution of the Western Mediterranean. E. Carminati. C. Doglioni, B. Gelabert, G. Panza, E. Roca, F. Sabat, & D. Scrocca.
- Tyrrhenian Sea. D. Scrocca, E. Carminati, C. Doglioni & D. Procaccanti
- Deepwater frontier basins New Zealand. C. Uruski
- South Africaâs Mesozoic Basins. D. Broad, E. Jungslager, I. McLachlan, J. Roux & D. van der Spuy
- Rift-shear Architecture and Tectonic Development of the Ghana Margin. A. Antobreh, J.I. Faleide, F. Tsikalas & S. Planke
- Structural Styles along the Dead Sea Fault. Z. Ben-Avraham, M. Lazar, Z. Garfunkel, M. Reshef, A. Ginzburg, Y. Rotstein, U. Freislander,Y. Bartov & H. Shulman
- Columbus Basin Offshore Trinidad: A Detached Pull-Apart Basin in a Transpressional Foreland Setting. R. Gibson, K. Meisling & J. Sydow
- Illizzi basin. S. Galeazzi et al
- The Moscow Basin. J. Eyer
- Evolution of the West Siberian Basin. A. Vyssotski, V. Vyssotski, A.A. Nezhdanov
- The Aquitane Basin and the Pyrenees: geodynamical evolution and hydrocarbons. R. Bourrouilh
- Tectonic evolution of the Cape and Karoo basins of South Africa. A. Tankard, H. Welsink, P. Aukes, R. Newton, E. Stettler
- The Parry Islands fold belt. C. Harrison & T. Brent
- Tectonic maps of the World. A.W. Bally, D.G. Roberts et al.