- Norman Keltner, EdD, RN, CRNP, Professor, School of Nursing, University of Alabama - Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- David Folks, MD, Department of Psychiatry, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE
Completely updated, the fourth edition of Psychotropic Drugs presents essential psychopharmacologic information in a comprehensive, user-friendly format. Part One consists of 23 narrative chapters that provide an overview and basic discussion of the biologic bases of psychopharmacology, as well as the uses of psychotropic drugs for specific psychiatric disorders across the lifespan. Part Two contains a series of brief profiles for some of the most common psychotropic drugs, listed by generic name, for access in clinical situations. With information presented in both a comprehensive narrative style and in alphabetical drug profiles, this book can be used both as a textbook and as a handy reference.
Paperback, 768 Pages
Published: March 2005
- PART I: CLINICAL PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY
INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGS
1. Psychiatric Care and Contemporary Treatment
2. Functional Neuroanatomy
3. The Pharmacokinetic Basis of Therapeutics
4. Neuropharmacology and Psychotropic Drugs
5. Culture, Ethics, and Psychopharmacology NEW!
DRUGS USED IN THE TREATMENT OF MENTAL DISORDERS
6. Drugs for Schizophrenia and Other Psychoses
7. Drugs for Depressive Disorders NEW!
8. Drugs for Bipolar Disorders NEW!
9. Drugs for Anxiety Disorders
10. Drugs for Dementia and Delirium
11. Drugs for Seizure Disorders
12. Drugs for Insomnia and Other Sleep Disorders
13. Drugs for Acute Psychoses and the Violent Patient
14. Drugs for the Treatment of Alcoholism and Other Substance Use Disorders
15. Drugs for Sexual Dysfunction
DRUG ISSUES RELATED TO PSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY
16. Drugs Used for Electroconvulsive Therapy
17. Drugs Used for Substance Abuse
18. Drugs Used to Stimulate the Central Nervous System
19. Drugs Used to Treat Extrapyramidal Side Effects
20. Drugs Used in Alternative and Complementary Medicine NEW!
DEVELOPMENTAL ISSUES RELATED TO PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGS
21. Psychopharmacology for Children
22. Psychopharmacology for Adolescents
23. Psychopharmacology for Elderly Persons
PART II: PSYCHOTROPIC DRUG PROFILES