Psychiatric Nursing Care PlansBy
- Katherine Fortinash, MSN, APRN, BC, PMHCNS, Certified Clinical Specialist, Adult Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing; Associate Faculty, Mt. San Jacinto College, Menifee, CA; Clinical Nurse Specialist and Educator, Sharp HealthCare, Mesa Vista Hospital, San Diego, CA
- Patricia Holoday Worret, MSN, APRN, BC, PMHCNS, Certified Clinical Specialist, Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing; Professor, Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, Palomar College, San Marcos, CA; Consultant, San Diego, CA
The most comprehensive psychiatric nursing care planning text available assists students and practitioners in providing effective care in a variety of settings. Clear presentation of information, consistent use of the nursing process, correlation of nursing and medical diagnoses, and prioritization of interventions make this text an invaluable resource. Grounded in the latest classification of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR) and the most current list of NANDA-approved nursing diagnoses, this text covers a wide range of disorders, their psychopathology, and appropriate nursing interventions with rationales. Care plans use real clinical situations and include therapeutic and nontherapeutic dialogue examples to familiarize nurses with likely scenarios and equip them with the tools they need to feel confident in any clinical setting.
Paperback, 592 Pages
Published: May 2006
- 1. The Nursing Process
2. Anxiety and Related Disorders New Care Plan!
3. Mood Disorders 2 New Care Plans!
4. Schizophrenia and Other Psychotic Disorders
2 New Care Plans!
5. Adjustment Disorders New Care Plan!
6. Personality Disorders New Care Plan!
7. Disorders of Infancy, Childhood, and Adolescence 2 New Care Plans!
8. Cognitive Disorders: Delirium, Dementia, and Amnestic
9. Substance-Related Disorders
10. Eating Disorders New Care Plan!
11. Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders New Care Plan!
A. Suicide Assessment and Intervention Guidelines
B. Crisis and Crisis Intervention
C. Client Rights
D. Guidelines for Seclusion and Restraint Based on JCAHO Standard
E. Grief and Loss: Caregivers, Clients, and Families
F. Spirituality as a Dimension of the Person New Care Plan!
G. Psychiatric and Psychosocial Therapies
I. Comparison of Developmental Theories
J. Defense Mechanisms and Strategies
K. Standards of Care for Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Practice
L. DSM-IV-TR Classification