Principles of FiltrationBy
- Chi Tien, Department of Biomedical and Chemical Engineering, Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
This book covers filtration in various modes of operation for both solid/gas and solid/liquid suspensions. It provides the necessary knowledge and background information to prepare and equip persons who are interested in serious filtration work. It is a useful reference/text for students and practicing engineers. It can also be adopted as an advanced text book for various engineering courses in chemical, environmental, mechanical and metallurgical engineering.
The book presents analysis and treatment of filtration processes employing different filter media operating in various modes for both gas/solid and liquid/solid systems.
Chemical engineers, membrane technologists, water engineers, environmental engineers, civil engineers
Hardbound, 360 Pages
Part I: Cake Filtration
2. Cake Formation and Growth
3. Post-Treatment Processes of Cake Filtration
4. Fabric Filtration of Gas-Solid Mixtures
Part II: Deep Bed Filtration
5. Deep Bed Filtration: Description and Analysis
6. Particle Deposition Mechanisms, Predictions, Determination and Correlations of Filter Coefficient/Collector Efficiency
7. Deep Bed Filtration Models