Principles of Clinical Pharmacology
- Arthur Atkinson, Jr., Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois , U.S.A.
- Darrell Abernethy, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
- Charles Daniels, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
- Robert Dedrick, National Institute of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, U.S.A.
- Sanford Markey, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland, U.S.A.
This revised second edition covers the pharmacologic principles underlying the individualization of patient therapy and contemporary drug development, focusing on the fundamentals that underlie the clinical use and contemporary development of pharmaceuticals. Authors drawn from academia, the pharmaceutical industry and government agencies cover the spectrum of material, including pharmacokinetic practice questions, covered by the basic science section of the certifying examination offered by the American Board of Clinical Pharmacology. This unique reference is recommended by the Board as a study text and includes modules on drug discovery and development to assist students as well as practicing pharmacologists.
Clinical pharmacologists, pharmacologists, clinicians, pharmaceutical industry and government regulatory agencies