Power Electronics Handbook
Devices, Circuits and Applications
- Khurram Afridi, Techlogix
- J. Marcos Alonso, Universidad de Oviedo
- Issa Batarseh, University of Central Florida
- Angus Bryant, University of Warwick
- Juan Carrasco, Seville University
- Lana Chaar, American University in Dubai
- Ajit K. Chattopadhyay, Bengal Engineering & Science University, Shibpur
- Martin Chow, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Henry S. H. Chung, City University of Hong Kong
- J. Fernando da Silva, Technical University of Lisbon
- William Dillard, Archangel Systems, Inc.
- Juan W. Dixon, Universidad Católica de Chile
- José R. Espinoza, Universidad de Concepción
- Michael Giesselmann, Texas Tech University
- Douglas C. Hopkins, University at Buffalo
- Irshad Khan, University of Cape Town
- Philip Krein, University of Illionois at Urbana-Champaign
- Y.M. Lai, Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Luis Moran, Universidad de Concepción
- A. I. Maswood, Nanyang Technological University
- Sudip Mazumder, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Adel Nasiri, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Chem Nayar, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Fang Z. Peng, Michigan State University
- Faz Rahman, University of New South Wales
- José Rodríguez, Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María
- Ahmed Rubaai, Howard University
- Yahya Shakweh, FKI Industrial Drives & Controls
- Krishna Shenai, Utah State University
- Marcelo Godoy Simoes, Colorado School of Mines
- Vijay Sood, Concordia University, Montreal
- Hamid A. Toliyat, Texas A&M University
- Andrzej Trzynadlowski, University of Nevada, Reno, U.S.A.
- Edson H. Watanabe, COPPE, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
- Hong Ye, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Bogdan Wilamowski
- Fang Lin Luo, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Muhammad Rashid, University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL, USA.By
- Muhammad Rashid, University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL, USA.
Power electronics, which is a rapidly growing area in terms of research and applications, uses modern electronics technology to convert electric power from one form to another, such as ac-dc, dc-dc, dc-ac, and ac-ac with a variable output magnitude and frequency. Power electronics has many applications in our every day life such as air-conditioners, electric cars, sub-way trains, motor drives, renewable energy sources and power supplies for computers. This book covers all aspects of switching devices, converter circuit topologies, control techniques, analytical methods and some examples of their applications.
Practicing electrical engineers involved in operation, design and analysis of power electronics equipment and motor drives; students in electrical and systems engineering, focused on power electronics.