Pipeline Rules of Thumb Handbook
A Manual of Quick, Accurate Solutions to Everyday Pipeline Engineering Problems
- E.W. McAllister, E.W. McAllister has more than 50 years' of experience in the pipeline industry as an engineer, administrator, and project manager. He has worked for Chevron Pipe Line Company and Gulf Pipe Line Company, and now runs his own engineering services consulting firm in Houston, TX, USA.
For the first time in this new edition, we are taking the content and data off the page and adding a new dimension of practical value for you with online interactive features to accompany some of the handiest and most useful material from the book:
- Interactive tables that takes data from the book and turns them into a sortable spreadsheet format that gives you the ability to perform your own basic filtering functions, show/hide columns of just the data that is important to you, and download the table into an Excel spreadsheet for additional use
- A graph digitizer which pulls a graph from the book and gives you the power to plot your own lines on the existing graph, see all the relative x/y coordinates of the graph, and name and color code your lines for clarity
- A converter calculator performing basic conversions from the book such as metric conversions, time, temperature, length, power and more.
Please feel free to visit the site: http://booksite.elsevier.com/9780123876935/index.php, and we hope you will find our features as another useful and efficient tool for you in your day-to-day activity.
AudiencePipeline Engineers, Pipeline Operators, Pipeline Construction Contractors, Pipeline Designers, Pipeline Drafters
- Published: September 2013
- Imprint: GULF PROFESSIONAL PUBLISHING
- ISBN: 978-0-12-387693-5
Table of Contents
General Information, Construction, Pipe Design, Electrical Design, Hydrostatic Testing, Pipeline Drying, Control Valves, Corrosion/Coatings, Gas-General, Gas-Compression, Gas-Hydraulics, Liquids-General, Liquids-Hydraulics, Pumps, Measurement, Instrumentation, Leak Detection, Tanks, Maintenance, Economics, Rehabilitation-Risk Evaluation, Conversion Factors, Index