Pipeline Planning and Construction Field ManualBy
- E. Shashi Menon, Vice President, SYSTEK Technologies, Inc.
The objective of this book is to provide engineers with the necessary tools and techniques for formulating plans, designs, cost estimates and specifications for pipeline construction and field maintenance and modernization programs. Packed with easy to read and understand tables, pipeline schematics, bullet lists and "what to do next" checklists. This easy to use book covers the design, construction, and operation of onshore pipeline systems. The incorporate construction methods, commissioning, pressure testing, and start up into the design of a pipeline system. The focus is on pipeline routing, mechanical design, construction methods, hydraulics, installation, and operations of onshore pipeline systems. With this book readers will acquire and/or consolidate the essential knowledge and skills to design, construct, and operate pipelines. Design and simulation problems are an integral part of this book. With this book in hand, engineers will be able to:
- Routine auditing of technical work output relative to technical input and established criteria and expectations.
- Assessment and estimation of work scope including pipeline design integrity and resourcing requirements from enquiry through to project completion.
- To carry out conceptual designs in support of concept selection studies.
Piping Engineers, Designers, Civil Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Petroleum Engineers, Chemical Engineers, Project Production Engineers and Project Reservoir Engineers
Paperback, 576 Pages
Published: June 2011
Imprint: Gulf Professional Publishing
"This general purpose guide for engineers provides detailed practical information on the design and construction of pipelines and attendant facilities. Authored by a team of experts with extensive pipeline experience, the volume presents a comprehensive look at design criteria, planning considerations, and testing methodologies for many common tasks involved in pipeline construction. Topics discussed include route selection, environmental impact and regulations, right-of-way concerns, materials options, pipe strength, hydraulic analysis, pump and valve stations, leak detection, hydrostatic testing, and operations and maintenance protocols. Technical drawings, tables, and relevant formulas and equations are provided throughout."--Reference and Research Book News
1. Design Basis
2. Route Selection
3. Alignment Sheets
4. Wall Thickness Definition
5. Pipeline Analyses
6. Pipeline End Expansion Analysis
7. Tie-In Spool Expansion Spool and Riser Design
8. Corrosion Protection
9. Specification Writing, Data Sheet Production, Requisition Development & Bid Analysis of Associated Materials and Valves
10. Installation Studies