An Introduction to Microelectronics
PIC Microcontrollers provides a comprehensive and fully illustrated introduction to microelectronic systems principles using the best-selling PIC16 range. Building on the success of previous editions, this third edition will enable readers to understand PIC products and related programming tools, and develop relevant design skills in order to successfully create new projects. Key features include:
- Initial focus on the 16F84A chip to introduce the basic architecture and programming techniques, progressing to more recently introduced devices, such as the 16F690, and comparison of the whole PIC16 range
- Use of the standard Microchip development software, MPLAB IDE, as well the interactive ECAD package Proteus VSM
- Standard Microchip demo hardware, specially designed application boards, in-circuit programming and debugging
- Basic interfacing, motor drives, temperature control and general control system applications
- Numerous fully documented code examples which can be downloaded from the companion website
The book is aimed principally at students of electronics on advanced vocational and undergraduate courses, as well as home enthusiasts and professional engineers seeking to incorporate microcontrollers into industrial applications.
Electronics engineers, embedded systems designers, control engineers, technicians in industry, students and hobbyists needing a more complete grounding in microcontroller principles and applications.