Physiology of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Two Volume Set
- Leonard Johnson, PhD, Thomas A. Gerwin Professor and Chairman, Department of Physiology, The University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, Memphis, TN Vice Chancellor for Research and Thomas A. Gerwin Professor of Physiology, University of Tennessee, Memphis, USA
- Fayez Ghishan, Horace W. Steele Endowed Chair in Pediatric Research Head, Department of Pediatrics and Director, Steele Children's Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, University of Arizona Health Sciences Center, Tucson, Arizona, U.S.A.
- Jonathan Kaunitz, Greater Los Angeles Veteran Affairs Healthcare System, WLAVA Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Juanita Merchant, Professor of Internal Medicine and Integrative and Molecular Physiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, U.S.A.
- Hamid Said, Professor of Medicine, Physiology and Biophysics, Departments of Medicine and Physiology/Biophysics, University of California School of Medicine, Irvine, California, U.S.A.
- Jackie Wood, Professor of Physiology and Cell Biology and Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, U.S.A.
The gastrointestinal system is responsible for the breakdown and absorption of various foods and liquids needed to sustain life. Other diseases and disorders treated by clinicians in this area include: food allergies, constipation, chronic liver disease and cirrhosis, gallstones, gastritis, GERD, hemorrhoids, IBS, lactose intolerance, pancreatic, appendicitis, celiac disease, Crohnâs disease, peptic ulcer, stomach ulcer, viral hepatitis, colorectal cancer and liver transplants.
The new edition is a highly referenced and useful resource for gastroenterologists, physiologists, internists, professional researchers, and instructors teaching courses for clinical and research students.
AudienceClinical gastroenterologists, physiologists, and internists, as well as, professional researchers in gastroenterology, physiology, internal medicine, translational medicine and biomedicine.
- Published: April 2012
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-382026-6
Table of Contents
Section I: Basic Cell Physiology, Genetics, and Growth of the GI Tract
Section II: Neurogastroenterology
Section III: Host Defense Mechanisms
Section IV: Physiology of Secretion
Section V: Digestion and Absorption
Section VI: Consequences of Disregulated Physiology