Philosophy of Biology
- Dov M. Gabbay, King's College London, UK
- Paul Thagard, University of Waterloo, Canada
- John Woods, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
- Mohan Matthen, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Christopher Stephens, University of British Columbia, Canada
Philosophy of Biology is a rapidly expanding field. It is concerned with explanatory concepts in evolution, genetics, and ecology. This collection of 25 essays by leading researchers provides an overview of the state of the field. These essays are wholly new; none of them could have been written even ten years ago. They demonstrate how philosophical analysis has been able to contribute to sometimes contested areas of scientific theory making.
Professional Philosophers & Libraries