Persistent Organic Pollutants in Asia
Sources, Distributions, Transport and FateEdited by
- An Li, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- Shinsuke Tanabe, Ehime University, Matsuyama, Japan
- Guibin Jiang, Chinese Academy of Science, Beijing, China
- John Giesy, University of Saskatachewan, Canada
- Paul Lam, City University of Hong Kong, Kowloon
Large amounts of data obtained through environmental monitoring of persistent organic pollutants (POPs) in 10 Asian countries and Australia have been compiled and explored using principles of environmental chemistry, toxicology, and risk assessment. This book also includes descriptions and discussions of current governmental policies, monitoring and surveillance programs, history of manufacturing and applications, emission sources, impacts on human health, and cross-boundary transport of POPs in these countries.
Environmental researchers, government decisions makers, international organizations, environmental organizations, chemical industries seeking information on persistent organic pollutants on a global scale.
Developments in Environmental Science
Hardbound, 842 Pages
Published: September 2007
- Part I: East Asia - Japan, China and Korea1. Status of Persistent organic pollutants in Japan (Y. Shibata, S. Tanabe). 2. Persistent organic pollutants in Korea (S.K. Kim, J.S. Khim, et al.). 3. Polychloranited Dibenzo-p-dioxins (PCDDs), Dibenzofurans (PCDFs), and Biphenyls (PCBs), and polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs) in China (Q. Zhang, Y. Wang, A. Li, G. Jiang). 4. Organic pesticides in China (T. Zhu, J. Hu). 5. Pollution of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in China (S. Gao, A. Zhang, X. Wang, L. Wang). 6. Persistent organic pollutants in the Pearl River Delta, South China (G. Zhang, X. Li). 7. Persistent organic pollutants in Hong Kong (S. Ma, R. Yang). Part II. Southeast Asia from India to Vietnam. 8. Persistent toxic substances (PTS) in China (A. Subramanian, S. Tanabe). 9. Organochlorine and organotin compounds in Thailand (S. Kan-Atireklap, S. Tanabe). 10. Persistent organic pollutants in Vietnam: Levels, patterns and toxicological impacts (T. B. Minh, H. Iwata, P. H. Viet, S. Tanabe). Part III The Pacific Countries. 11. Persistent organic pollutants in the Philippines Coastal and Urban areas (M. S. Prudente, S. Tanabe, H. Takada). 12. Persistent toxic substances (PTS) in the environment of Indonesia (A. Sudaryanto, S. Tanabe). 13. Persistent organic pollutants in Malaysia (S. Ibrahim). 14. Persistent organic pollutants in Singapores Marine environment (J.P. Obbard, O. Wurl, S. Bayen). 15. Persistent organic pollutants in human adipose tissue: A case study from Singapore (J. P. Obbard, Q.Q. Li, et al.). 16. Persistent organic pollutants in Australia and New Zealand (D. Connell). Part IV Regional perspective. 17. Contamination by persistent toxic substances (PTS) in the Asia-Pacific Region (S.Tanabe).