Peripheral Nerve Blocks and Peri-Operative Pain Relief
Expert Consult: Online and PrintBy
- Dominic Harmon, FFARCS(I), FRCA, MD, Professor of Pain Medicine, Mid-Western Regional Hospital, Dooradoyle, Limerick, Ireland
- Jack Barrett, FFARCS(I), Dip(Pain Medicine), Consultant Anaesthetist, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University College Cork, Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland
- Frank Loughnane, FCA (RCSI), Consultant in Anaesthesia, Department of Anaesthesia, Leeds General Infirmary, Leeds, UK
- Brendan Finucane, FRCA, FRCPC, Professor and Residency Program Director, Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- George Shorten, FFARCS(I) FRCA,MD, PhD, Professor of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University College Cork and Cork University Hospital, Cork, Ireland; formerly, Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Anaesthetists in practice and in training. Pain Medicine specialists.
Hardbound, 272 Pages
Published: December 2010
- Section A. Principles
1. Introduction (How to use this atlas and CD Rom)
2. Regional anaesthesia in perspective history, current role and the future
3. Mechanism of action of local anaesthetics
4. General indications and contraindications
5. Complications, toxicity and safety
6. Peripheral nerve blockade materials
7. Principles of ultrasound guided peripheral nerve blockade.
8. Ambulatory peripheral nerve blockade.
9. Which block for which surgery.
10. Design and implementation of a training programme in PNB.
Section B. Peripheral nerve blocks
11. Cervical plexus blockade
12. Orbital blocks
13. Wound local anesthetic infusions
14. Brachial plexus anatomy
15. Interscalene block
16. Supraclavicular block
17. Suprascapular block
18. Axillary Block.
19. Infraclavicular block
20. Mid-humeral block
21. Elbow blocks
22. Wrist blocks
23. Lumbar and sacral plexus anatomy
24. Posterior sciatic nevre block
25. Anterior scitic nerve block
26. Femoral nerve block
27. Psoas block
28. Iliacus block
29. Lateral cutaneous nerve of thigh block
30. Popliteal block
31. Ankle block
32. Paravertebral block
33. Intercostal block
34. Trans Abdominis Pane Block
35. Inguinal field block