Parallel Computational Fluid Dynamics 2004
Multidisciplinary ApplicationsEdited by
- Gabriel Winter, University of Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain
- Jacques Periaux, Dassault-Aviation, Saint-Cloud, France
- Pat Fox, IUPUI, Indiana, USA
- A. Ecer, Indiana University Purdue, University Indianapolis, Purdue University School of Engineering, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
- N. Satofuka, Kyoto Institute of Technology, Matsugasaki, Sakuo-ku, Kyoto 606-8585, Japan
Parallel CFD 2004, the sixteenth international conference on Parallel Computational Fluid Dynamics and other modern scientific domains, has been held since May 24th till May 27th, 2004 in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain. The specialized, high-level Parallel CFD conferences are organised on travelling locations all over the world, yearly because of multidisciplinary subject of parallel CFD and its rapidly evolving nature.The conference featured 8 invited lectures, 3 Mini Symposia, contributed papers and one Tutorial & Short Course. More than 80 multi-disciplinary presentations of the Parallel CFD had been presented, with participants from 17 countries. The sessions involved contributed papers on many diverse subjects including turbulence, complex flows, unstructured and adaptive grids, industrial applications, developments in software tools and environments as parallel optimization tools. This Book presents an up-to-date overview of the state of the art in parallel computational fluid dynamics.
Engineering, Applied Science and Computer Science.
- J. Jiménez - What Do We Need to Substitute Experiments With Simulations in Turbulence?G. F. Carey, W. Barth, B. Kirk and J.W. Peterson - Parallel CFD for Flow and Transport Applications Including Unstructured and Adaptive Grids.Y. Kaneda and M. Yokokawa - DNS of Canonical Turbulence with up to 4096³ Grid Points. S. Peigin and B. Epstein - Massive Parallelization as Principal Technology for Constrained Optimization of Aerodynamic Shapes. 1 DIRECT NUMERICAL SIMULATION & LARGE EDDY SIMULATION (I) J. M. McDonough and T. Yang- Parallel Performance of a New Model for Wildland Fire Spread Predictions. M. Soria, F. X. Trias, C. D. Pérez-Segarra and A. Oliva - Direct Numerical Simulation of Turbulent Natural Convection Flows on PC Clusters Using a Fourth-Order Symmetry-Preserving Method. W. Lo and C. A. Lin - A Near Wall Treatment for Large Eddy Simulation. 2 SPECTRAL ELEMENT METHOD & LATTICE BOLTZMAN METHODS I. Boursier, D. Tromeur-Dervout and Y. Vassilevsky - Aitken-Schwarz Methods with Non Matching Finite Elements and Spectral Elements Grids for the Parallel Simulation of an Underground Waste Disposal Site Modelized by Up Scaling. G. Amati and F. Massaioli - Parallel and Serial Issues for a Lattice Boltzmann Method Code: A Performance Point of View. 3 GRID COMPUTING & INTEGRED PLATFORM & MONTECARLO SIMULATION V. Ivannikov, S. Gaissaryan, A. Avetisyan and V. Padaryan - Checkpointing Improvement In ParJava Environment. 4 ENERGY PHYSICS R. Sentis and F. Duboc - Coupling Hydrodynamics with a Paraxial Solver for Laser Propagation. The HERA Plateform for Laser-Plasma Interaction. M. Borchardt, H. Leyh, J. Riemann and R. Schneider - Linux Cluster Computing for Stellarator Studies. 5 DIRECT NUMERICAL SIMULATION & LARGE EDDY SIMULATION (II) A. V. Alexandrov, V. G. Bobkov and T. K. Kozubskaya - DNS Simulation of Acoustic Wave Damping in a Liner Element. F. X. Trias, M. Soria,O. Lehmkuhl and C.D. Pérez-Segarra - An Efficient Direct Algorithm for the Solution of the Fourth-Order Poisson Equation on Loosely Coupled Parallel Computers. H. Nishida, H. Yoshioka and M. Hatta - Higher Order Parallel DNS of Incompressible Turbulence Using Compressible Navier-Stokes Equations. 6 AERODYNAMIC FLOW K. Chiba, S. Obayashi and K. Nakahashi - Tradeoff Analysis of Aerodynamic Wing Design for RLV. I. H. Tuncer and M. Kaya - Parallel Optimization of Flapping Airfoils in a Biplane Configuration for Maximum Thrust. L.González, E.J. Whitney, K. Srinivas, J. Périaux - CFD Design in Aeronautics Using a Robust Multilevel Parallel Evolutionary Optimiser. 7 MESH STRATEGIES M. Yamakawa and K. Matsuno - Solutions of the Flow Field on Unstructured Moving-Patched-Grid in a Parallel Environment. K. Nakahashi and L-S. Kim - High-Density Mesh Computations of Airfoil Flows by Building-Cube Method. S. N. Boldyrev - On Using a Multilevel Approach in Partitioning Big Unstructured Meshes. H. Tomita, M. Satoh and T. Nasuno - A Stretched Icosahedral Grid for the Global Cloud Resolving Model. 8 ENVIRONMENTAL FLOWS & ECOLOGY PROBLEMS M. Tsugawa, Y. Tanaka, M. Sakashita and M. Kogi - Development of a Parallel Ocean General Circulation Model on the Cubic Grid. B. Galván, B. González, A. Padrón, H. Carmona and G. Winter - Optimal Placement of Wastewater Outfalls Using an Internet-based Distributed Computing Environment and a 3D finite Volume Model of Pollutant Dispersion in Offshore Waters. M. J. Castro, J. A. García-Rodríguez, J. M. González-Vida and C. Parés - A Parallel 2D Finite Volume Scheme for Solving the Bilayer Shallow Water System: Modellization of Water Exchange at the Strait of Gibralter. M. Zijlema - Parallelization of a Nearshore Wind Wave Model for Distributed Memory Architectures. C. Ciortan, C. Guedes Soares, J. Wanderley and C. Levi - Calculation of the Flow Around Ship Hulls Using a Parallel CFD Code. A. I. Sukhinov, A. A. Sukhinov and S.V. Kirilchik - 3D Model of Diffusion-Advection-Aggregation Suspensions in Water Basins and Its Parallel Realization. A. I. Sukhinov and A. A. Sukhinov - Reconstruction of 2001 Ecological Disaster in the Azov Sea on the Basis of Precise Hydrophysics Models. 9 RADIATION I. A. Graur, T. A. Kudryashova and S. V. Polyakov - Modeling of Flow for Radiative Transport Problems. 10 KELVIN-HELMHOTZ INSTABILITY S. M. Bakhrakh, O. B. Drennov, T. A. Goreva, A. L. Mikhailov, P. N. Nizovtsev and E. V. Shuvalova, V. F. Spiridonov and N. A. Volodina - Numerical Simulation and Experimental Investigation of the Stabilizing Effect of Coatings on Shear Instability Growth under Oblique Impact of Metal Slabs. LATTICE BOLTZMANN METHODSB.N. Chetverushkin and N. Yu. Romanyukha - Kinetic and Lattice Boltzmann Schemes. R.K. Agarwal - Lattice Boltzmann Simulations of Magnetohydrodynamic Slip Flow in Micro-Channels. G. Brenner and A. Al-Zoubi - Application of the Lattice Boltzmann Method for the Estimation of Permeabilities in Complex Structures. 11 COMPLEX FLOWS: TURBULENT JET FLAME, MIXED CONVECTIVE AND DIPHASIC FLOWS, NON-NEWTONIAN FLUIDS, QUASI GAS DYNAMIC X. J. Gu, D. R. Emerson, D. Bradley and P. H. Gaskell - Numerical Modeling of Turbulent Non-Premixed Methane Jet Flames in a Crosswind. É. Laucoin and C. Calvin - A Parallel Front-Tracking Method for Two-Phase Flows Simulations. B. N. Chetverushkin, N. G. Churbanova and M. A. Trapeznikova - Parallel Simulation of Low Mach Number Flows Based on the Quasi Gas Dynamic Model with Pressure Decomposition. 12 UNSTEADY FLOW COMPUTATION & EFFICIENCY ISSUES L. A. Barba - Computing High-Reynolds Number Vortical Flows: A Highly Accurate Method With a Fully Meshless Formulation. K. Shimano, K. Okudera, T. Anaguchi, N. Utsumi, M. Saito, C. Sumie and Y. Enomoto - Parallel Computing of Flow in Centrifugal Fan Volute Using Contravariant Physical Velocity. Ø. Staff and S. Ø. Wille - The Efficiency of a Parallel ILU Preconditioner for Finite Element Solutions of the Navier-Stokes Equations. 13 FLOW CONTROL & FLOW CODES J. Sahu and K. R. Heavey - High Performance Parallel Computing CFD Simulations of Projectiles with Flow Control. B.N. Chetverushkin, V.A. Gasilov, S.V. Polyakov, M.V. Iakobovski, E.L. Kartashera, I.V. Abalakin, I.V. Popov, N.Yu Romanyukha, S.A. Sukov and A.S. Minkin - CFD Software Project GIMM. Study of Hydrodynamic Problems via Parallel Computing. M. Kremenetsky and T. Larsson - Numerical Studies on a ccNUMA Computer Architecture for a Large Scale Race Car Aerodynamics Simulation. 14 METACOMPUTING & TIME INTEGRATION M. Garbey, R. Keller and H. Ltaie - Reaction-Convection-Diffusion Solver for CFD Applications on the Grid. A. Frullone and D. Tromeur-Dervout - A Ghost Cell Immersed Boundary Method Coupled with Aitken Schwarz DDM for Computation of Liquid-Liquid Phase Fronts on Fixed Grids. D. Tromeur-Dervout - Adaptive Time Domain Decomposition for Systems of ODEs on Grid Architecture. 15 MULTIGRID & LOAD BALANCING & SECURITY IN DISTRIBUTED PARALLEL COMPUTATION K. Matsuno - Flexible and Efficient Parallel Computation for Complex Flows Using Building-Multi-Block and Block Decomposition Method. Y. Kim, S. H. Park, K. W. Cho and J. H. Kwon - Turbulent Flow Simulations Using the Parallelized Multigrid Navier-Stokes Solver. R.U. Payli, E. Yilmaz, A. Ecer, H.U. Akay and S. Chien - DLB A Dynamic Load Balancing Tool for Grid Computing. S. Y. Chien, L. Giavelli, A. Ecer and H. U. Akay - Security Considerations in the Distributed Parallel Computation Environment.