The Textbook for Education and Practice
- Roger Dietrich, Founder and CEO, OF G-Analytik GmbH, Munster, Germany
The book deals with the applications of modern techniques in paint analysis with a special focus on surface analysis. Topics covered include:
- Surface cleaning, and how to be sure a visually clean surface is truly free from residues before applying a coating
- Ensuring the paint and painted substrate match on a chemical basis, in order to achieve good adhesion results
- Pretreatments to improve paint adhesion
- Ingredients of paint and how they behave with respect to the surface to be painted
- The effect paint additives have on paint adhesion
- The effect polymer substrates, including various polymer additives, have on paint adhesion
- New polymer types and polymer additives used in the automotive industry and their implications for paint manufacture and application
The questions surrounding paint adhesion commonly canât be answered by simple tests or classical chemical analysis because they require the ability to analyze very small amounts of substances with a high surface sensitivity at the same time. Roger Dietrich sets out in detail the methods needed for these analytical processes.
Anyone involved in development, production and testing of coatings and paints.