Part 1. Introduction to Quaternary and living ostracods
1. General introduction to ostracods: morphology, distribution, fossil record, applications, by Rodriguez-Lazaro, J. & Ruiz-Muniz, F.
2. The ecology of Ostracoda across levels of biological organisation from individual to ecosystem: a review of recent developments, by Mesquita-Joanes, F., Smith, A.J. & Viehberg, F.
Part 2. Ostracods as palaeoclimate proxies: ecological and biogeographical approaches
3. Ostracod taxa as palaeoclimate indicators in the Quaternary, by Lord, A.R., Whittaker, J.E., Brouwers, E. & Boomer, I.
4. Transfer function approaches in palaeoclimatic reconstructions using Quaternary ostracods, by Viehberg, F.
5. Mutual climatic range methods for Quaternary ostracods, by Horne, D.J., Curry, B.B. & Mezquita, F.
6. The biogeography and hydrochemistry of freshwater ostracods in Canada and the United States, by Curry, B.B., Delorme, L.D., Smith, A.J., Palmer, D. F., & Stiff, B. J.
7. Distribution of freshwater ostracods in the Canadian North and implications for palaeoclimate reconstructions, by Bunbury, J.
Part 3. Ostracods as palaeoclimate proxies: geochemical approaches
8. Introduction to ostracod shell chemistry and its application to Quaternary palaeoclimate studies, by Holmes, J.A. & De Deckker, P.
9. Biological and environmental controls on ostracod shell trace-element chemistry, by Dettman, D. & Dwyer, G.
10. Biological and environmental controls on isotopes in ostracod shells, by Decrouy, L.
Part 4. Multi-proxy approaches to Quaternary palaeoclimate studies
11. The versatility of Quaternary ostracods as palaeoclimate proxies: comparative testing of geochemical and ecological/biogeographical approaches, by Smith. A.J., Holmes, J.A. & Palmer, D.
12. Ostracods records of climatic and human-influenced changes in the Late Quaternary of the Ponto-Caspian region (Aral, Caspian and Black seas), by Boomer, I.
13. Geochemical and palaeoecological analyses of Mid Pleistocene to Holocene ostracod assemblages from Valle di Castiglione (Italy): palaeoenvironmental and palaeoclimatic assessment, by AnadÃ³n, P., Gliozzi, E. & Mazzini, I.
14. An 800-year paleoenvironmental record from Biscayne Bay, Florida based on ostracode faunas and shell geochemistry, by Cronin, T.M., Wingard, G.L., Dwyer, G.S., Swart, P.K., Willard, D.A. & Albietz, J.
15. Quaternary ostracods from the Tibetan Plateau. by Mischke, S.
16. Holocene lake level changes of Lake Nam Co, Tibetan Plateau, deduced from ostracode assemblage and Î´18O and Î´13C signatures of their valves, by Wrozyna, C., Frenzel, P., Daut, G., MÃ¤usbacher, R., Zhu, L. & Schwalb, A.
Part 5. Future development: potential and limitations of ostracods in Quaternary palaeoclimatology
17. Palaeogenetics for ostracods (Crustacea, Ostracoda), by SchÃ¶n, I., Eggermont, H., Verheyen, E. & Martens, K.
18. Overview and future prospects for ostracod applications in Quaternary palaeoclimatology, by Horne, D.J., Holmes, J.A., Rodriguez-Lazaro, J. & Viehberg, F.