Orthopaedic Physical Therapy
- Robert Donatelli, PhD, PT, OCS, National Director, Sports Specific Rehabilitation; Developer, Strengthen Your Game Rehabilitation and Performance Enhancement Programs for Athletes, Las Vegas, NV
- Michael Wooden, MS, PT, OCS, Physiotherapy Associates, Lilburn, GA; National Director of Clinical Research, Physiotherapy Associates, Memphis, TN; Instructor, Division of Physical Therapy, Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Published: July 2009
- Imprint: CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
- ISBN: 978-0-443-06942-0
Table of Contents
Part 1: Fundamental Principles
- Tissue Response
- Exercise Treatment for the Rehabilitation Patient: Cardiopulmonary and Peripheral Responses
- Theory and Practice of Muscle Strengthening in the Orthopedic Patient
- Rehabilitation and Strength Training Concepts â NEW!
- Screening for Referral â NEW! Part 2: Upper Quarter
- Upper Quarter Evaluation: Structural Relationships and Interdependence
- Influence of Cervical Spine on the Stomatognathic System
- Dysfunction, Evaluation and Treatment of the Cervical Spine
- Differential Assessment and Mobilization of the Cervical and the Upper Thoracic Spine
- Arthroscopic Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Shoulder
- Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Elbow â NEW FOCUS!
- Dysfunction Evaluation and Treatment of the Wrist and Hand
- Reconstructive Surgery and Rehabilitation of the Wrist and Hand
- Mobilization of the Upper Extremity
- Defining the Core in Rehabilitation: Evaluation and Basic Exercises â NEW! Part 3: Lower Quarter
- Neuromuscular RehabilitationâAdvance Exercises â NEW!
- Dysfunction, Evaluation and Stabilization Exercises in the Treatment of the Lumbar Spine
- New Advances in Lumbar Spine Surgery and Rehabilitation â NEW FOCUS!
- Lumbar Spine/ Hip/ Sacral Iliac JointâDifferential Soft Tissue Diagnosis and Treatment â NEW FOCUS!
- Surgical Treatment and Rehabilitation of the Hip Complex
- Dysfunction, Evaluation and Treatment of the Knee
- Surgery of the Knee and Rehabilitation Principles
- Normal and Abnormal Mechanics of the Foot and Ankle â NEW FOCUS!
- Overview of Foot Orthotics and Perscription
- New Advances in Foot and Ankle Surgery and Rehabiliation
- Mobilization of the Lower Extremity
- Soft Tissue Mobilization
- Somatosensory, Vestibular, and Visual Sensory Integration â NEW!
- EMG Analysis of Manual Muscle Testing and Exercise â NEW!
- Evaluation and Treatment of Neural Tissue Pain Disorders
Part 4: Special Considerations
Appendix 1: Manual Therapy Techniques for the Thoracolumbar Spine