Oracle 10g Data WarehousingBy
- Lilian Hobbs, PhD, Senior Principal Product Manager in Oracle's New England Development Center.
- Susan Hillson, MS in CIS, Boston University, Former Senior Director of Data Server Division, Oracle Corporation's New England Development Center, Nashua, NH
- Shilpa Lawande, Senior Developer in the Server Technologies division at Oracle's New England Development Center, Nashua, NH
- Pete Smith, Senior Business Intelligence Consultant with Conchango, UK
Oracle 10g Data Warehousing is a guide to using the Data Warehouse features in the latest version of Oracle Oracle Database 10g. Written by people on the Oracle development team that designed and implemented the code and by people with industry experience implementing warehouses using Oracle technology, this thoroughly updated and extended edition provides an insiders view of how the Oracle Database 10g software is best used for your application.It provides a detailed look at the new features of Oracle Database 10g and other Oracle products and how these are used in the data warehouse. This book will show you how to deploy the Oracle database and correctly use the new Oracle Database 10g features for your data warehouse. It contains walkthroughs and examples on how to use tools such as Oracle Discoverer and Reports to query the warehouse and generate reports that can be deployed over the web and gain better insight into your business.This how-to guide provides step by step instructions including screen captures to make it easier to design, build and optimize performance of the data warehouse or data mart. It is a must have reference for database developers, administrators and IT professionals who want to get to work now with all of the newest features of Oracle Database 10g.
Professional data warehouse designers and administrators.
Anyone who has to build or manage a data warehouse or data mart or anyone who simply wants more information on the 10g products and features in the data warehouse context.
Paperback, 872 Pages
Published: December 2004
Imprint: Digital Press
"Whether you are designing a large or small data warehouse, or looking for tips on how to improve performance using Oracle Database 10g, this book will provide you with advice and examples you can follow. It also includes thorough coverage of the data warehouse features in Oracle Database 10g, and the tools in Oracle Application Server 10g." Chuck Rozwat, Executive Vice President, Server Technologies, Oracle Corporation
- ForewordPrefaceAcknowledgements1. Data Warehousing2. Designing a Warehouse3. Architecture of Data Warehouse4. Physical Desing of the Data Warehouse5. Loading Data into the Warehouse6. Querying the Data Warehouse7. Summary Management8. Dimensions9. Query Rewrite10. Tuning Query Performance11. Managing the Warehouse12. Backup and Recovery13. Oracle Warehousing Tools14. Oracle 9i OLAP and Data Mining15. OLAP16. Oracle Data Mining17. High Availability and a Data WarehouseA. The Schema for Easy Shopping Inc.B. Product Information