Policy, Practice and Performance ImprovementBy
- Steve Brown, Professor of Management, University of Exeter, UK
- Kate Blackmon, Operations Management, Said Business School, University of Oxford, UK
- Paul Cousins, Operations Management Group, School of Management, University of Bath.
- Harvey Maylor, Operations Management Group, School of Management, University of Bath.
'Operations Management: policy, practices, performance improvement' is the latest state-of-the-art approach to operations management. It provides new cutting edge input into operations management theory and practice that cannot be found in any other text.Discussing both strategic and tactical inputs it combines and balances service and manufacturing operations.* Cutting edge techniques accompanied by brand new case studies* Challenges standard approaches* Comprehensive coverage of strategic supply management* Critical sample questions to aid discussion* Reading lists and articles to support learning* Additional lecturer support materialThis outstanding author team is from the Operations Management Group at the University of Bath. Their expertise and knowledge is apparent in the text, and they bring to it their original research and experience in the field of operations management.
Undergraduate Students on Business degrees.
Published: June 2001
Imprint: Butterworth Heinemann
- Policy - Preface to part 1; Introduction to operations management; Operations strategy; Innovation; Process; Practices - Preface to part 2; Managing capacity/scheduling; Managing throughout; Managing quality; Managing projects; Performance improvement; Preface to part 3; Understanding and managing performance; Improving performance: tactics 1; Improving performance: tactics 2; World-class/future issues; Appendices.