- Martha Langhorne, MSN, RN, FNP, AOCN, Nurse Practitioner, Binghamton Gastroenterology, Binghamton, New York; Advanced Practice Nurse, Oncology/Nursing Education and Research, United Health Services Hospitals, Johnson City, New York.
- Janet Fulton, PhD, RN, Associate Professor, School of Nursing, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Shirley Otto, MSN, CRNI, AOCN, Consultant, Formerly Clinical Nurse Specialist, Via Christi Regional Medical Center, St. Francis Campus, Wichita, KS
- Published: April 2007
- Imprint: MOSBY
- ISBN: 978-0-323-04185-0
Table of ContentsUnit I. Clinical Aspects of Cancer Diagnosis
4. Prevention, Screening, and Detection
5. Diagnosis and Staging
Unit II. Clinical Management of Major Cancers
6. Brain and Central Nervous System Cancers
7. Breast Cancer
8. Colorectal Cancers
9. Gastrointestinal Cancers
10. Genitourinary Cancers
11. Gynecologic Cancers
12. Head and Neck Cancers
14. Lung Cancer
15. Malignant Lymphoma
16. Multiple Myeloma
17. Skin Cancers
18. Pediatric Cancers
Unit III. Cancer Treatment Modalities
20. Radiation Therapy
23. Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant
24. Complications of Cancer Treatments
25. Cancer Clinical Trials
Unit IV. Cancer Care Supportive Therapies
27. Skin Integrity—NEW!
28. Bone Marrow Suppression—NEW!
29. Oral Mucositis—NEW!
30. Psychosocial Issues, Outcomes, and Quality of Life
31. Impact of Cancer on Sexuality
32. Functional Status—NEW!
33. Patient Education—NEW!
34. Palliative Care—NEW!
35. Family Caregiving—NEW!
36. Ethical Considerations—NEW!
Unit V. Symptom Management—NEW!
40. Sleep Disturbance
42. Hot Flashes