Oesophagogastric Surgery - Print and E-Book
A Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice
- S. Michael Griffin, MD, FRCS, Professor of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Northern Oesophago-gastric Unit, Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
- Simon Raimes, MD, FRCS, FRCS (Ed), Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon, Northern Oesophago-gastric Unit, Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle, UK
- Jonathan Shenfine, Consultant General & Oesophago-Gastric Surgeon, Department of Surgery, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia.
This is a title in the Companion to Specialist Surgical Practice series whose eight volumes are an established and highly regarded source of information for the specialist general surgeon.
- Higher surgical trainees preparing for their final examinations.
- Surgical residents preparing for the board exams in specific specialties.
- Busy surgeons in practice who wish to keep up-to-date with the latest developments and evidence-based practice in their specialty.
- Published: August 2013
- Imprint: SAUNDERS
- ISBN: 978-0-7020-4962-0
Table of Contents
- Pathology of benign, malignant and premalignant oesophageal and gastric tumours
- Epidemiology, genetics and screening for oesophageal and gastric cancer
- Staging of oesophageal and gastric cancer
- Preoperative assessment and perioperative management in oesophageal
and gastric surgery
- Surgery for cancer of the oesophagus
- Treatment of early oesophageal cancer and endoscopic oesophageal surgery
- Surgery for cancer of the stomach
- Endoscopic and surgical treatment of early gastric cancer
- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy in treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer
- Palliative treatments of carcinoma of the oesophagus and stomach
- Other oesophageal and gastric neoplasms
- Pathophysiology and investigation of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Treatment of the complications of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and failed gastro-oesophageal surgery
- Barrettâs oesophagus
- The management of achalasia and other motility disorders of the oesophagus
- Paraoesophageal hernia and gastric volvulus
- Benign ulceration of the stomach and duodenum and the complications of previous ulcer surgery
- Oesophageal emergencies
- Bariatric surgery