A derivative of the Encyclopedia of Ocean SciencesEdited By
- John Steele, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- Steve Thorpe, National Oceanography Centre, Southampton, and Bangor University, U.K.
- Karl Turekian, Yale University, Connecticut, USA
Ocean Currents is a derivative of the Encyclopedia of Ocean Sciences, 2nd Edition and serves as an important reference on current ocean current knowledge and expertise in one convenient and accessible source. Its selection of articles?all written by experts in their field?focuses on key ocean current concepts. Its topics include ocean currents, the circulation of deep water, the contrasting circulations of the seas, the circulation in fjords, estuaries and the effects of rivers, and the intermittency and variability of the oceans. Ocean Currents serves as an ideal reference for topical research.
professionals, researchers, and graduate students in the marine sciences
Paperback, 0 pages
Published: June 2010
Imprint: Academic Press
1. The Oceans
1.1. The Atlantic Ocean
1.2 The Pacific Ocean1.3 The Indonesian Throughflow
1.4 The Indian Ocean1.5 The Southern Ocean
1.6 The Arctic Ocean2. The abyssal circulation
3. Enclosed or Semi-Enclosed Seas, Fjords, Estuaries and Rivers4. Gravity and turbidity currents, and flows in channels
5. Eddies and waves6. Circulation and related models