Nursing Diagnosis Handbook - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card)
An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning CareBy
- Betty Ackley, MSN, EdS, RN, Professor Emeritus, Jackson Community College; President, The Betty Ackley LLC, Jackson, MI
- Gail Ladwig, MSN, RN, Professor Emeritus, Jackson Community College; Co-Owner and Nursing Consultant, Holistic Choices; Healing Touch Practitioner, Jackson, MI
Take your understanding to a whole new level with Pageburst digital books on VitalSource! Easy-to-use, interactive features let you make highlights, share notes, run instant topic searches, and so much more. Best of all, with Pageburst, you get flexible online, offline, and mobile access to all your digital books.
The 10th edition of the Nursing Diagnosis Handbook makes formulating nursing diagnoses and creating individualized care plans a breeze. Updated with the most recent NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses, this convenient reference shows you how to build customized care plans in three easy steps: assess, diagnose, plan. Authors Elizabeth Ackley and Gail Ladwig use Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC) and Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC) to guide you in creating care plans that include desired outcomes, interventions, patient teaching, and evidence-based rationales.
Published: February 2013
Section I: Nursing Diagnosis, the Nursing Process and Evidence Based Nursing
- An explanation of how to make a nursing diagnosis and plan care using the nursing process and evidence based nursing.
Section II: Guide to Nursing Diagnoses
- Includes suggested nursing diagnoses and page references for over 1300 client symptoms, medical and psychiatric diagnoses, diagnostic procedures, surgical interventions, and clinical states.
Section III: Guide to Planning Care
- Definitions, defining characteristics, risk factors, related factors, suggested NOC outcomes, client outcomes, suggested NIC interventions, interventions with rationales for each alphabetized nursing diagnosis where appropriate: client/family teaching and discharge planning, geriatric, home care, multicultural, pediatric and safety.