Nursing Care of the Critically Ill ChildBy
- Mary Fran Hazinski
Now completely up to date to meet the needs of today's pediatric nurses, Mary Fran Hazinski's Nursing Care of the Critically Ill Child, 3rd Edition, remains the foundational text of pediatric critical care nursing. Known for its outstanding organization and clear descriptions, this comprehensive reference details the unique care required for critically ill children with thorough discussions of physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology, collaborative management, and nursing management. Ten new chapters, new advanced practice content, and new nurse contributors and reviewers ensure that this classic text continues to be the essential resource for the care of critically ill children.
Critical Care and Pediatric Nurses
Hardbound, 1168 Pages
Published: May 2012
- Children Are Different
- Psychological Aspects of Pediatric Critical Care
- Care of the Child with Life-Limiting Conditions and the Child's Family in the Pediatric Critical Care Unit
- Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics NEW!
- Analgesia, Sedation, and Neuromuscular Blockade
- Shock, Cardiac Arrest, and Resuscitation NEW!
- Mechanical Support of Cardiopulmonary Function: Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation, Ventricular Assist Devices, and the Intraaortic Balloon Pump Fluids NEW!
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Pulmonary Disorders
- Chest X-Ray Interpretation
- Neurologic Disorders
- Fluid, Electrolyte, and Endocrine Problems NEW!
- Renal Disorders
- Gastrointestinal and Nutritional Disorders
- Hematologic and Oncologic Emergencies Requiring Critical Care
- Immunology and Infectious Disorders NEW!
- Overview of Solid Organ Transplantation NEW!
- Toxicology and Poisonings NEW!
- Pediatric Trauma
- Care of the Child with Burns
- Bioinstrumentation: Principles and Techniques
- Fundamentals of Patient Safety and Quality Improvement NEW!
- Clinical Informatics NEW!
- Ethical Issues in Pediatric Critical Care NEW!