Nonlinear Image ProcessingBy
- Giovanni Sicuranza, University of Trieste, Italy
- Sanjit Mitra, University of California, Santa Barbara, U.S.A.
Electrical and computer engineers.
Hardbound, 455 pages
Published: September 2000
Imprint: Academic Press
"The book considers the following filter families, with varying emphasis, according to popularity and impact in image processing tasks:
- honomorphic filters, relying on a generalized superposition principle
- nonlinear mean filters, using nonlinear definitions of means
- morphological filters, based on geometrical rather than analytical properties
- order statistics filters, based on ordering properties of the input samples
- polynomial filters, using polynomial expressions in the input and output samples
- fuzzy filters, applying fuzzy reasoning to model the uncertainty typical of some image processing issues
- nonlinear operations modeled in terms of nonlinear partial differential equations."
--IEEE SIGNAL PROCESSING MAGAZINE, January 2001