Neuroprotective Agents and Cerebral Ischaemia
Volume 40: Neuroprotective Agents and Cerebral IschaemiaEdited by
- Richard Green, The Engineering Practice
- Alan Cross, Astra Arcus USA, Rochester, New York, U.S.A.
- Ronald Bradley, Louisiana State University Medical Center, School of Medicine, Baton Rouge, U.S.A.
- Robert Harris, University of Texas, Austin, U.S.A.
- Peter Jenner, King's College, London, U.K.
General Description of SeriesSince 1959, International Review of Neurobiology has been a well-known series appealing to neuroscientists, clinicians, psychologists, physiologists, and pharmacologists. This important serial is now being combined with Neuroscience Perspectives and Methods in Neurosciences. This combination results in a series that reaches a wider audience and publishes a greater number of thematic volumes. General Description of VolumeStroke is the third major cause of death in the western world, and recent data provide hope that treatments may soon be available. Written by world experts on the mechanisms involved in neurodegeneration, Neuroprotective Agents and Cerebral Ischaemia presents an up-to-date review of current research and developing therapies. This book is essential reading for all clinicians and researchers searching for neuroprotective drugs.
International Review of Neurobiology
Hardbound, 378 Pages
Published: November 1996
Imprint: Academic Press
- Mechanisms of Nerve Cell Death: Apoptosis or Necrosis after Cerebral Ischaemia, R.M.E. Chalmers-Redman, A.D. Fraser, W.Y.H. Ju, J. Wadia, N.A. Tatton, and W.G. Tatton.Changes in Ionic Fluxes during Cerebral Ischaemia, T. Kristián and B.K. Siesjö.Techniques for Examining Neuroprotective Drugs in Vivo, A.R. Green and A.J. Cross.Techniques for Assessing Neuroprotective Drugs in Vitro, M. P. Goldberg, U. Strasser and L.L. Dugan.Calcium Antagonists: Their Role in Neuroprotection, A.J. Hunter.Sodium and Potassium Channel Modulators: Their Role in Neuroprotection, T.P. Obrenovich.NMDA Antagonists: Their Role in Neuroprotection, D.L. Small and A.M. Buchan.Development of the NMDA Ion-Channel Blocker Aptiganel Hydrochloride as a Neuroprotective Agent for Acute CNS Injury, R.N. McBurney.Pharmacology of AMPA Antagonists and their Role in Neuroprotection, R. Gill and D. Lodge.GABA and Neuroprotection, P.D. Lyden.Adenosine and Neuroprotection, B.B. Fredholm.Interleukins and Cerebral Ischaemia, N.J. Rothwell, S.A. Loddick, and P. Stroemer.Nitrone-Based Free Radical Traps as Neuroprotective Agents in Cerebral Ischaemia and other Pathologies, K.Hensley, J.M. Carney, C.A. Stewart, T. Tabatabaie, Q. Pye, and R.A. Floyd.Neurotoxic and Neuroprotective Roles of Nitric Oxide in Cerebral Ischaemia, T. Dalkara and M.A. Moskowitz.A Review of Earlier Clinical Studies on Neuroprotective Agents and Current Approaches, N.G. Wahlgren.Index.Contents of Recent Volumes.