Neuroprotective Agents and Cerebral Ischaemia
Volume 40: Neuroprotective Agents and Cerebral Ischaemia
- Richard Green, The Engineering Practice
- Alan Cross, Astra Arcus USA, Rochester, New York, U.S.A.
- Ronald Bradley, Louisiana State University Medical Center, School of Medicine, Baton Rouge, U.S.A.
- Robert Harris, University of Texas, Austin, U.S.A.
- Peter Jenner, King's College, London, U.K. Head of Pharmacology and Therapeutics Division
General Description of SeriesSince 1959, International Review of Neurobiology has been a well-known series appealing to neuroscientists, clinicians, psychologists, physiologists, and pharmacologists. This important serial is now being combined with Neuroscience Perspectives and Methods in Neurosciences. This combination results in a series that reaches a wider audience and publishes a greater number of thematic volumes. General Description of VolumeStroke is the third major cause of death in the western world, and recent data provide hope that treatments may soon be available. Written by world experts on the mechanisms involved in neurodegeneration, Neuroprotective Agents and Cerebral Ischaemia presents an up-to-date review of current research and developing therapies. This book is essential reading for all clinicians and researchers searching for neuroprotective drugs.
Researchers, clinicians, and graduate students in neuroscience, cell genetics, pharmacology, biology, and physiology.