- Alireza Minagar, MD, FAAN, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, USA
Inflammation is a central mechanism in many neurological diseases, including stroke, multiple sclerosis, and brain trauma as well as meningitis and contributes to the generation of pain. We are now beginning to understand the impact of the immune system on different nervous system functions and diseases, ranging from damage through tolerance to modulation and repair.
This book discusses some of the more common neuro-inflammatory diseases. Topics covered include multiple sclerosis, optic neuritis and Susac syndrome.
Hardbound, 540 Pages
Published: December 2010
1. Multiple Sclerosis
2. Optic neuritis
3. Transverse myelitis4. Ischemic demyelination
5. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis6. Neurosarcoidosis
7. Balo concentric sclerosis8. Neuromyelitis optica (Devics disease)
9. Necrotizing myelopathy10. Susac syndrome
11. Central nervous system vasculitis12. Neuropsychiatric SLE
13. Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy14. Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome
15. Current treatments for multiple sclerosis