- Kwok-Fai So, Chair Professor and Head of the Department of Anatomy, Jessie Ho Professor in Neuroscience, The University of Hong Kong
- Xiao-Ming Xu, Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
Neural Regeneration provides an overview of cutting-edge knowledge on a broad spectrum of neural regeneration, including:
- Neural regeneration in lower vertebrates
- Neural regeneration in the peripheral nervous system
- Neural regeneration in the central nervous system
- Transplantation-mediated neural regeneration
- Clinical and translational research on neural regeneration
The contributors to this book are experts in each of their respective fields and are highly international including scientists working at different institutions in the United States, Canada, Australia, and China.
Nervous system injuries, including peripheral nerve injuries, brain and spinal cord injuries, and stroke affect millions of people worldwide every year. As a result of this high incidence of neurological injuries, neural regeneration and repair is becoming a rapidly growing field dedicated to the new discoveries to promote structural and functional recoveries based on neural regeneration. The ultimate goal is to translate the most optimal regenerative strategies to treatments of human nervous system injuries.
This valuable reference book is useful for students, postdoctors, and basic and clinical scientists who are interested in neural regeneration research.
Researchers and clinicians at all levels of neural regeneration research, including graduate students, postdoctors, and scientists.