Neale's Disorders of the Foot Clinical CompanionBy
- Paul Frowen, MPhil, FCHS, FCPodMed, DPodM, Head of Wales Centre for Podiatric Studies, Principal Lecturer, Podiatry, University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, UK
- Maureen O'Donnell, BSc(Hons), FChS, FPodMed, DPod M, Dip Ed, Podiatrist; Formerly Programme Leader, Senior Lecturer, Division of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK
- J. Gordon Burrow, DPodM, BA, AdvDipEd, FChS, MPhil, FCPodMed, MSc, CMIOSH, FHEA, Podiatrist, Senior Lecturer, Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Operating Department Practice, Podiatry and Radiotherapy, School of Health, Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, UK
- Donald Lorimer, B Ed (Hons), MChS, FCPodMed, DPod M, Podiatrist, Former Head of School,Durham School of Podiatric Medicine; Past Chairman of Council The Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists; Former Co-ordinator Joint Quality Assurance Committee of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists/Health Professions Council; Health Professions Council Partner, UK
Neales Disorders of the Foot Clinical Companion is the essential, portable complement to the new Neales Disorders of the Foot 8th Edition. It is perfect for putting key information in clinical context. Students and practitioners will love its presentation of tips and valuable treatment notes in a handy format that is easy to refer to in the clinic.
All the common conditions encountered in day-to-day podiatric practice are dealt with, and there are many algorithms for ease of use. This Companion will prove to be a really valuable friend when you need rapid reference to treatment guidelines in the clinic.
Paperback, 344 Pages
Published: May 2010
Imprint: Churchill Livingstone
- Examination and diagnosis in clinical management. The skin and nail disorders in podiatry. Dermatological conditions of the foot and leg. General foot disorders. Circulatory disorders. Neurological disorders in the lower extremity. Podiatry in the management of Hansen's disease (leprosy) and tropical diseases. Musculoskeletal disorders. Metabolic diseases. Management of high-risk patients. Podiatric management of the eldery. Paediatric podiatry and genetics. Sports medicine and injuries. Clinical Therapeutics. Orthoses. Footwear. Pain control. Local anaesthesia. Nail surgery. Diagnostic imaging. Podiatric surgery. Principles of infection control. Medical emergencies in podiatry.