Myofascial Pain and Fibromyalgia
Trigger Point Management
- Edward Rachlin, MD, FACS, Assistant Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, UMDNJ- Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine, New Brunswick, NJ; Instructor in Clinical Orthopedic Surgery, New York University School of Medicine; Assistant Attending Physician, Bellevue Medical Center, Assistant Adjunct, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Isabel Rachlin, PT, Specialized Physical Therapy, Ithaca, NY
Orthopedists, Anesthesiologists, Rheumatologists, Physical Therapists, Nurse Practitioners and Physician's Assistant
- Published: February 2002
- Imprint: MOSBY
- ISBN: 978-0-323-01155-6
Table of ContentsForeword
Part I - General Considerations
- Fibromyalgia Syndrome - Clinical Features, Diagnosis, and Biopathophysiologic Mechanisms Muhammad B. Yunnus, M.D. and Fatma Inanici, M.D.
- Management of Fibromyalgia Syndrome Fatma Inanici, M.D. and Muhammad B. Yunnus, M.D.
- Unusual Aspects of Musculoskeletal Pain in the Pediatric Population Joan Gold, ..D.
- Metabolic and Endocrine Causes of Muscle Syndromes Louis F. Amorosa, M.D.
- Psychological Considerations in Myofascial Pain, Fibromyalgia, and Related Musculoskeletal Pain
Roy C. Gresiak, PhD.
- Disability Evaluation and Management of Myofascial Pain Matthew Monsein. M.D.
- Functional Diagnosis of Musculoskeletal Pain and Evaluation of Treatment Results by Quantitative and Objective Techniques
Andrew Fischer, M.D.
- Diagnosis and Management of Facial Pain Harold V. Cohen,D.D.S., Richard A. Pertes, D.D.S.
Part II - Trigger Point Management
- Trigger Points Edward S. Rachlin
- History and Physical Examination for Myofascial Pain Syndromes Edward S. Rachlin
- Trigger Point Management Edward S. Rachlin, Isabel S. Rachlin
- Injection of Specific Trigger Points Edward S. Rachlin
- New Injection Techniques for the Treatment of Musculoskeletal Pain Andrew Fischer
- Nerve Block Therapy for Myofascial Pain Management Winston C. V. Parris
Part III - Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation
- Muscle Deficiency Hans Kraus
- Physical Therapy Treatment Approaches for Myofascial Pain Syndromes and Fibromyalgia Isabel S. Rachlin
- Manual Therapy and Treatment of Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction Brian Miller
- The Practical Application of Trigger Point Work in Physical Therapy Beth N. Paris
- Electrical Modalities in the Treatment of Myofascial Conditions Joseph Kahn
- The Role of Ergonomics in the Prevention and Treatment of Myofascial Pain Elseyed Abdel-Moty, Tarek H-Khalil, Renee Steele-Rosomoff, Hubert L. Rosomoff, Shilhan S. Asfair