Muscle Energy Techniques & Website
- Leon Chaitow, ND, DO (UK), Registered Osteopath and Naturopath; Honorary Fellow and Former Senior Lecturer, School of Life Sciences, University of Westminster, London, UK; Fellow, British Naturopathic Association.; Fellow, College of Osteopaths, UK
AudienceAll those professionals who have an interest in human movement: physiotherapists, osteopathic physicians and osteopaths, chiropractors, acupuncturists, exercise scientists, manual therapists, massage therapists and personal trainers.
- Published: May 2013
- Imprint: CHURCHILL LIVINGSTONE
- ISBN: 978-0-7020-4653-7
Comments about previous editions I'm rather taken with the new edition of this book. Dr. Chaitow has gathered well known experts from several disciplines and has crafted a book that will be used by all of them. A great deal of care has gone into this book. There is a wealth of clinical information and a very good overview of research regarding the use of MET in managing a range of conditions and clinical situations. The focus on other disciplines is a great plus in this new edition. I recommend it.
Weighted Numerical Score 95 - 4 Stars!
Dana J. Lawrence, DC of Doody's Book Reviews
This book does not disappoint. Everything you ever wanted to know about [MET] is contained within these pages. The format is very user friendly and the book is littered with clinically relevant ideas and techniques. The volume is sure to help enhance your practice.
Steve Canning, In Touch, Spring 2008, No. 122.
Table of Contents
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- The history of MET
- MET: efficacy and research
- How to use MET
- Sequential assessment and MET treatment of main postural muscles
- MET and the treatment of joints
- MET in cases of spinal injury or pathology
- a Manual resistance techniques in rehabilitation
b MET in post-surgical rehabilitation
- MET in the physical therapy setting
- MET in a massage therapy setting
- MET in treatment of athletic injuries
- Integrated neuromuscular inhibition technique (INIT) and myofascial pain