Multiphysics Modeling: Numerical Methods and Engineering Applications
Tsinghua University Press Computational Mechanics Series
- Qun Zhang, INTESIM (Dalian) Co., Ltd. Dalian , China
- Song Cen, Department of Engineering Mechanics, School of Aerospace, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
It provides the latest information on basic numerical methods, also considering coupled problems spanning fluid-solid interaction, thermal-stress coupling, fluid-solid-thermal coupling, electromagnetic solid thermal fluid coupling, and structure-noise coupling.
Users will find a comprehensive book that covers background theory, algorithms, key technologies, and applications for each coupling method.
AudienceEngineers and researchers facing multiphysics problems as part of the design, modeling and analysis of complex engineering systems.
- Published: December 2015
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-407709-6
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to multiphysics modeling
2. Numerical formulations: structure, fluid, thermal, electromagnetic, noise
3. Coupling phenomena and formulations
4. Classification of coupling methods and interface conditions
5. Strong coupling methods
6. Weak coupling methods
7. Inter-solver coupling technique
8. Morphing and remeshing scheme for nonstructural fields
9. Reliability based design optimization for multiphysics problems
10. Code implementation for multiphysics modeling
11. Engineering applications of multiphysics problems