Multidimensional Signal, Image, and Video Processing and Coding
- John Woods, Professor, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, USA
This book also has on-line support that contains many short MATLAB programs that complement examples and exercises on multidimensional signal, image, and video processing. There are numerous short video clips showing applications in video processing and coding, plus a copy of the vidview video player for playing .yuv video files on a Windows PC and an illustration of the effect of packet loss on H.264/AVC coded bitstreams.
New to this edition:
- New appendices on random processes, information theory
- New coverage of image analysis - edge detection, linking, clustering, and segmentation
- Expanded coverage on image sensing and perception, including color spaces.
- Now summarizes the new MPEG coding standards: scalable video coding (SVC) and multiview video coding (MVC), in addition to coverage of H.264/AVC.
- Updated video processing material including new example on scalable video coding and more material on object- and region-based video coding.
- More on video coding for networks including practical network coding (PNC), highlighting the significant advantages of PNC for both video downloading and streaming.
- New coverage of super-resolution methods for image and video.
AudienceR&D engineers, University researchers, graduate students in signal and image processing, computer engineers, web developers, digital cinematographers
- Published: June 2011
- Imprint: ACADEMIC PRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-12-381420-3
Table of Contents
Two-Dimensional Signals and Systems; Sampling inTwo-Dimensions; Two-Dimensional Systems and Z-transforms; 2-D Discrete Transforms; Two-Dimensional Filter Design; Introductory Image Processing; Image Estimation and Restoration; Digital Image Compression; Three-Dimensional Signals and Systems Properties of 3.D Fourier Transform, 3.D Filters, 3-D Sampling Theorem; Digital Video Processing; Digital Video Compression; Video Transmission over Networks