Mosby's Textbook for Long-Term Care Nursing AssistantsBy
- Sheila Sorrentino, RN, MSN, PhD, Curriculum and Health Care Consultant, Anthem, AZ
Provide safe and effective care in any type of long-term care setting! Mosby's Textbook for Long-Term Care Nursing Assistants provides a complete guide to the skills you need as a nursing assistant. More than 100 key procedures are described with clear, easy-to-learn instructions. Written by noted educator and author Sheila Sorrentino, this edition adds coverage that will help you care for residents with acute or chronic medical conditions.
Paperback, 816 Pages
Published: November 2010
Unit I: Working in Long-Term Care Settings
1. Introduction to Long-Term Care2. Resident Rights NEW!
3. The Nursing Assistant in Long-Term Care4. Ethics and Laws
5. Work Ethics6. Communicating With the Health Team
7. Assisting With the Nursing ProcessUnit II: Focusing on the Person
8. Understanding the Resident9. Body Structure and Function
10. The Older Person11. Sexuality
Unit III: Protecting the Person12. Safety
13. Preventing Falls14. Restraint Alternatives and Safe Restraint Use
15. Preventing Infection16. Body Mechanics
17. Safe Resident Handling, Moving, and TransfersUnit IV: Assisting With Activities of Daily Living
18. The Resident's Unit19. Bedmaking
20. Hygiene21. Grooming
22. Urinary Elimination23. Bowel Elimination
24. Nutrition and Fluids25. Nutritional Support and IV Therapy
26. Exercise and Activity27. Comfort, Rest, and Sleep
28. Oxygen Needs29. Respiratory Support and Therapies NEW!
30. Assisted LivingUnit V: Assisting With Assessment
31. Measuring Vital Signs32. Assisting With the Physical Examination
33. Collecting and Testing SpecimensUnit VI: Assisting With Care Needs
34. Admitting, Transferring, and Discharging Residents35. Wound Care
36. Heat and Cold Applications37. Hearing, Speech, and Vision Problems
38. Cancer and Immune System Disorders NEW!39. Nervous System and Musculoskeletal Disorders NEW!
40. Cardiovascular and Respiratory Disorders NEW!41. Digestive and Endocrine Disorders NEW!
42. Urinary and Reproductive Disorders NEW!43. Mental Health Problems
44. Confusion and Dementia45. Developmental Disabilities
46. Rehabilitation and Restorative Care47. Basic Emergency Care
48. The Dying Person