Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Radiography
The Complete Study Guide and Career PlannerBy
- William Callaway, MA, RT(R), Associate Dean, Department of Health Professions, Director, Associate Degree Radiography Program, Academic Services Division, Lincoln Land Community College, Springfield, IL, USA
A complete review for the Registry exam, Mosby's Comprehensive Review of Radiography: The Complete Study Guide and Career Planner, 6th Edition covers the five major subject areas of the ARRT exam in radiography. It is also an effective study guide for many radiography courses! Written in outline format, each review of a subject is followed by questions related specifically to that area. Two mock ARRT exams are included in the book, and online exams include a pool of over 1,400 review questions that may be randomly combined to generate a virtually limitless number of mock ARRT exams. From noted radiography educator William J. Callaway, this edition also provides advice on writing resumes and cover letters, interviewing, employer expectations, and continuing education requirements to help you make the transition to a successful career.
Paperback, 296 Pages
Published: February 2012
Rochell O. Harmon, MS(Froedtert Hospital)
This is the fifth edition of a wonderful study guide for radiologic technology students preparing for registry examination. The situation judgment test items are a positive addition.
In addition to preparing students for their exam, this book also serves as a career planner.
The author has brought a wealth of knowledge to this book for radiologic technology students. He has been in the field of radiology for over 30 years.
The book covers in outline format the five subjects of the radiography exam administered by the ARRT. Helpful features include the basic terminology at the beginning of each section, key review points, end notes, and the variety of questions. The digital imaging unit is an excellent addition.
This review book includes the necessary information for successful results on the registry examination and in job interviews. This edition includes situation judgment test items, a wealth of information on digital imaging, a nice question format, and a CD that justify replacing previous editions.
Weighted Numerical Score: 87 - 3 Stars
Part I: Review and Study Guide
1. Preparation for Review and Testing
2. Review of Radiation Protection
3. Review of Equipment Operation and Maintenance
4. Review of Image Production and Evaluation
5. Review of Radiographic Procedures: Anatomy, Positioning, Procedures, and Pathology
6. Review of Patient Care and Management
7. Review Activities and Challenge Tests
Part II: Career Planning
8. Career Paths
9. Writing a Professional Resume
10. Interviewing Techniques
11. Employer Expectations
Answers to Review Questions