Modern Map Methods in Particle Beam PhysicsEdited by
- Martin Berz, Michigan State University, East Lansing, U.S.A.
- Kyoko Makino, Michigan State University, East Lansing, U.S.A.
- Khodr Shamseddine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, U.S.A.
- Weishi Wan, Michigan State University, East Lansing, U.S.A.
Advances in Imaging & Electron Physics merges two long-running serials--Advances in Electronics & Electron Physics and Advances in Optical & Electron Microscopy. The series features extended articles on the physics of electron devices (especially semiconductor devices), particle optics at high and low energies, microlithography, image science and digital image processing, electromagnetic wave propagation, electron microscopy, and the computing methods used in all these domains.
Researchers in electrical engineering, optical science and technology, materials science, image processing, and mechanical engineering.
Advances in Imaging and Electron Physics
Hardbound, 318 Pages
Published: September 1999
Imprint: Academic Press
"Editing by P.W. Hawkes is immaculate and the production, in the usual style of Advances in Electronics & Electron Physics, results in a volume that will be a handsome addition to any bookshelf."
Praise for the Series , --MRS BULLETIN
"With the accelerating pace of research and development in so many areas of microscopy, keeping abreast of the widespread literature is becoming increasingly time-consuming. In Advances in Optical & Electron Microscopy the Editors are to be congratulated on bringing together in a convenient and comprehensible form a variety of topics of current interest."
--J.A. Chapman in LABORATORY PRACTICE
- Dynamics. Beams and Beam Physics. Differential Equations, Determinism, and Maps. Lagrangian Systems. Hamiltonian Systems. Electrodynamics. Differential Algebraic Techniques. Function Spaces and their Algebras. Taylor Differential Algebras. Advanced Methods. Fields. Analytic Field Representation. Practical Utilization of Field Information. Maps: Calculation. The Particle Optical Equations of Motion. Equations of Motion for Other Quantities. Maps: Properties. Manipulations. Symmetries. Representations. Spectrometers. Introduction. Momentum Spectrometers. Mass Spectrometers. Reconstructive Correction of Aberrations. Aberration Correction via Repetitive Symmetry. Repetitive Systems. Linear Theory. Parameter Dependent Linear Theory. Normal Forms. Syplectic Tracking.