The Real MCTS/MCITP Exam 70-643 Prep Kit
Independent and Complete Self-Paced Solutions
- Brien Posey, Brien Posey is a freelance technical writer who has received Microsoft's MVP award four times. Over the last 12 years, Brien has published over 4,000 articles and whitepapers, and has written or contributed to over 30 books. In addition to his technical writing, Brien is the cofounder of Relevant Technologies and also serves the IT community through his own Web site. Prior to becoming a freelance author, Brien served as CIO for a nationwide chain of hospitals and healthcare facilities and as a network administrator for the Department of Defense at Fort Knox. He has also worked as a network administrator for some of the nation's largest insurance companies.
- Colin Bowern, Colin Bowern is an avid technologist and solutions architect based in Toronto, Canada. Colin's work on pragmatic solutions spans technology, financial, music, and public sector industries for organizations such as Microsoft, Meridian Credit Union, officialCOMMUNITY, and more. Recognized by the community for interactive contributions in public speaking, community building, and writing, Colin is a Microsoft MVP for ASP.NET. His work appears across books, webcasts, and on his blog.
- Jeffery Martin, Jeffery A. Martin, MS/IT, MS/M (MCSE, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDBA, MCT, MCSA, MCSA: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCP+I, MCNE, CNE, CNA, CCA, CTT, A+, Network+, I-Net+, Project+, Linux+, CIW, ADPM) has been working with computer networks for over 20 years. He is an editor, coeditor, author, or coauthor of over 15 books and enjoys training others in the use of technology.
- John Karnay, John Karnay is a freelance writer, editor, and book author living in Queens, NY. John specializes in Windows server and desktop deployments utilizing Microsoft and Apple products and technology. John has been working with Microsoft products since Windows 95 and NT 4.0 and consults for many clients in New York City and Long Island, helping them plan migrations to XP/Vista and Windows Server 2003/2008.
- Arno Theron, Arno Theron (ITIL Service Foundation, MCSA, MCSE: Messaging, MCITP, MCTS, and MCT) is an independent information security professional with seven years' network/server administration experience and six years' IT training experience as a Microsoft Certified Trainer. He is dedicated to improving training policy and implementation with high-quality technical information. Arno has previously contributed to Syngress Publishing's
Microsoft Forefront Security Administration Guide(ISBN 978-1-59749-244-7). Arno is currently involved with designing and improving large-scale solutions and adapting such solutions to comply with Microsoft Operation Framework.
- Mohan Krishnamurthy, Mohan Krishnamurthy Madwachar (MCSE, CCA) is the GM-Network Security at Almoayed Group in Bahrain. Mohan is a key contributor to Almoayed Group's projects division and plays an important role in the organization's network security initiatives. Mohan has a strong networking, security, and training background. His tenure with companies such as Schlumberger Omnes and Secure Network Solutions India adds to his experience and expertise in implementing large and complex network and security projects. Mohan holds leading IT industry-standard and vendor certifications in systems, networking, and security. He is a member of the IEEE and PMI. Mohan has coauthored five books published by Syngress:
Designing & Building Enterprise DMZs(ISBN: 1597491004), Configuring Juniper Networks NetScreen & SSG Firewalls(ISBN: 1597491187), How to Cheat at Securing Linux(ISBN: 1597492078), How to Cheat at Administering Office Communications Server 2007(ISBN: 1597492126), and Microsoft Forefront Security Administration Guide(ISBN: 1597492447). He also writes newspaper columns on various subjects and has contributed to leading content companies as a technical writer and subject matter expert.
This book is intended for newcomers to Microsoft certification, and for 400,000 current Microsoft Certified System Engineers and Administrators wishing to upgrade their certification from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008. These candidates work in multi-site environments at medium to large companies (250-5000 employees).
- Published: April 2011
- Imprint: SYNGRESS
- ISBN: 978-0-08-057037-2