Micromechanics of Composite Materials
A Generalized Multiscale Analysis ApproachBy
- Jacob Aboudi
- Steven Arnold
- Brett Bednarcyk
With composites under increasing use in industry to replace traditional materials in components and structures, the modeling of composite performance, damage and failure has never been more important.
Micromechanics of Composite Materials: A Generalized Multiscale Analysis Approach brings together comprehensive background information on the multiscale nature of the composite, constituent material behaviour, damage models and key techniques for multiscale modelling, as well as presenting the findings and methods, developed over a lifetimeâs research, of three leading experts in the field.
The unified approach presented in the book for conducting multiscale analysis and design of conventional and smart composite materials is also applicable for structures with complete linear and nonlinear material behavior, with numerous applications provided to illustrate use.
Modeling composite behaviour is a key challenge in research and industry; when done efficiently and reliably it can save money, decrease time to market with new innovations and prevent component failure. This book provides the tools and knowledge from leading micromechanics research, allowing researchers and senior engineers within academia and industry with to improve results and streamline development workflows.
Academic professionals and practicing engineers in the field of composite mechanics, including members of ASME, AIAA and SAE; Aerospace and automotive engineers wanting to design and analyze composite materials; Advanced students and graduates.
Hardbound, 1006 Pages
Published: November 2012
Imprint: Butterworth Heinemann
2. Constituent Material Modeling
3. Fundamentals of the Mechanics of Multiphase Materials
4. Homogenization Using Method of Cells
5. Homogenization Using the Generalized Method of Cells (GMC)
6. Homogenization Using the High Fidelity Generalized Method of Cells (HFGMC)
7. Multiscale Modeling
8. Fully Coupled Thermomicromechanical Analysis of Multiphase Composites
9. Micromechanical Analyses of Smart Composite Materials
10. Multiscale Analyses of Smart Composite Materials
11. Finite Strain Micromechanical Modeling of Multiphase Composite
12. Higher-Order Theory For Functionally Graded Materials
13. Wave propagation in Composite Materials