Mergers and Acquisitions Basics
Negotiation and Deal StructuringBy
- Donald DePamphilis, Dr. DePamphilis has managed more than 30 acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures. He holds a Harvard a Ph.D. in economics and is Clinical Professor of Finance at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, CA, USA
Negotiations form the heart of mergers and acquisitions efforts, for their conclusions contain both anticipated and unforeseen implications. Don DePamphilis presents a summary of negotiating and deal structuring that captures its dynamic process, showing readers how brokers, bankers, accountants, attorneys, tax experts, managers, investors, and others must work together and what happens when they don't. Writtten for those who seek a broadly-based view of M&A and understand their own roles in the process, this book treads a middle ground between highly technical and dumbed-down descriptions of complex events. It mixes theory with case studies so the text is current and useful. Unique and practical, this book can add hard-won insights to anybody's list of M&A titles..
Students and professionals around the world who are studying or working in mergers and acquisitions. The book is especially useful for readers who seek material that lies between intensive and superficial coverage of these subjects. It requires only passing acquaintance with finance, economics, business law, and accounting.
Paperback, 240 Pages
Published: September 2010
Imprint: Academic Press
"The author provides clear and thorough explanations of the relevant steps in negotiating and structuring M&A transactions. This text does a marvelous job of incorporating current events and recent deals to illustrate the key aspects of the deal process." --Matthew Cain, University of Notre Dame
1. Introduction to Negotiating Mergers and Acquisitions
2. Selecting the Form of Acquisition Vehicle and Post-Closing Organization
3. Selecting the Form of Payment4. Selecting the Form of Acquisition
5. Tax Structures and Strategies6. Accounting Considerations
7. Financing Structures and Strategies8. The Role of Takeover Tactics and Defenses in the Negotiation Process