Marine Geology & Geophysics
A derivative of the Encyclopedia of Ocean SciencesEdited By
- John Steele, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Massachusetts, U.S.A.
- Steve Thorpe, National Oceanography Centre, Southampton, and Bangor University, U.K.
- Karl Turekian, Yale University, Connecticut, USA
Marine Geology and Geophysics is a derivative of the Encyclopedia of Ocean Sciences, 2nd Edition and serves as an important reference on current knowledge and expertise in one convenient and accessible source. The selected articles?all written by experts in their field?fall into several categories, including: ocean basins, exploration methods, geophysical mesurements, convergent and divergent boundaries, marine deposits and the coastal environment. Marine Geology and Geophysics serves as an ideal reference for topical research.
professionals, researchers, and graduate students in the marine sciences
Paperback, 640 pages
Published: September 2010
Imprint: Academic Press
- Ocean basin
- Methods of ocean bottom exploration
- Convergent and divergent boundaries
- Geophysical measurements
- Marine deposits
- Coastal environment
- Human involvement