Manual of Canine and Feline CardiologyBy
- Larry Tilley, DVM, DACVIM(Internal Medicine), President, VetMed Consultants, Inc., Consultant, New Mexico Veterinary Specialty Referral Center, Santa Fe, NM
- Francis Smith, DVM, DACVIM(Internal Medicine & Cardiology), Vice President, VetMed Consultants, Inc., Lexington, MA; Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, MA
- Mark Oyama, DVM, DACVIM(Cardiology), Associate Professor, Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Meg Sleeper, VMD, DACVIM(Cardiology), Assistant Professor and Section Chief, Cardiology, Department of Clinical Studies, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
The most effective, practical approach to the recognition and management of cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary medicine, MANUAL OF CANINE AND FELINE CARDIOLOGY, 4th Edition takes a user-friendly approach to the challenges and conditions you encounter in everyday practice. This completely revised and updated edition includes vital information on diagnostic modalities and techniques, therapeutic options, surgical procedures, and pharmaceutical management of the dog and cat cardiac patient. This invaluable, practical reference covers the full breadth of canine and feline cardiology diagnosis and management in a straightforward and clinically focused format.
Hardbound, 464 Pages
Published: December 2007
- Section 1: Diagnosis of Heart Disease
1. The History and Physical Examination
2. Radiology of the Heart
4. Echocardiography and Doppler Ultrasound
5. Special Diagnostic Techniques for Evaluation of Cardiac Disease
Section 2: Cardiovascular Diseases
6. Acquired Valvular Disease
7. Canine Cardiomyopathy
8. Feline Cardiomyopathy
9. Cor Pulmonale and Pulmonary ThromboembolismNEW!
10. Canine and Feline Heartworm Disease
11. Cardiac Tumors and Pericardial Disease
12. Congenital Heart Disease
13. Cardiovascular Disorders in Systemic Diseases
14. Systemic Hypertension
Section 3: Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease
15. Pathophysiology and Therapy of Heart Failure
16. Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias and Conduction Disturbances
17. Cardiopulmonary Arrest and Resuscitation
18. Emergency Management and Critical Care
19. Anesthesia of the Cardiac Patient
20. Cardiac SurgeryNEW!
21. Pacemaker TherapyNEW!
1. Canine Breed Predilections for Heart Disease
2. Common Cardiovascular Drugs
3. Echocardiographic Normals by Body Weight and Breed
4. CHIEF Classification System of Canine Congestive Heart FailureNEW!