Linearization and Efficiency Enhancement Techniques for Silicon Power Amplifiers
From RF to mmW
- Eric Kerherve, Department of Electrical Engineering, Laboratoire IMS, University of Bordeaux, France
- Didier Belot, ST Microelectronics, Crolles, France
This book provides an overview of current efficiency enhancement and linearization techniques for silicon power amplifier designs. It examines the latest state of the art technologies and design techniques to address challenges for RF cellular mobile, base stations, and RF and mmW WLAN applications. Coverage includes material on current silicon (CMOS, SiGe) RF and mmW power amplifier designs, focusing on advantages and disadvantages compared with traditional GaAs implementations.
With this book you will learn:
- The principles of linearization and efficiency improvement techniques
- The architectures allowing the optimum design of multimode Si RF and mmW power amplifiers
- How to make designs more efficient by employing new design techniques such as linearization and efficiency improvement
- Layout considerations
- Examples of schematic, layout, simulation and measurement results
Researchers and graduate students; engineers and project managers.