PART 1: CORE CONCEPTS
1. Leading, Managing, and Following UPDATED!
2. Safe Care: The Core of Leading and Managing NEW!
3. Developing the Role of Leader
4. Developing the Role of Manager
5. Legal and Ethical Issues
6. Making Decisions and Solving Problems
7. Healthcare Organizations
8. Understanding and Designing Organizational Structures
9. Cultural Diversity in Health Care
10. Power, Politics, and Influence
PART 2: MANAGING RESOURCES
11. Caring, Communicating, and Managing with Technology
12. Managing Costs and Budgets
13. Care Delivery Strategies
14. Staffing and Scheduling
15. Selecting, Developing, and Evaluating Staff UPDATED!
PART 3: CHANGING THE STATUS QUO
16. Strategic Planning, Goal-Setting, and Marketing UPDATED!
17. Leading Change NEW!
18. Building Teams Through Communication and Partnerships UPDATED!
19. Collective Action
20. Managing Quality and Risk
21. Translating Research into Practice
PART 4: INTERPERSONAL AND PERSONAL SKILLS
22. Consumer Relationships
23. Conflict: The Cutting Edge of Change UPDATED!
24. Managing Personal/Personnel Problems
25. Workplace Violence: Threats from Outside and Within
26. Delegation: An Art of Professional Practice
27. Role Transition
28. Self-Management: Stress and Time
29. Managing your Career
30. Thriving for the Future NEW!